LegacyGT.com

Crash Test Videos Subaru Legacy 2.5i LTD sedan

I stumbled across this today looking at Progressive's website. For some reason, these are listed under 2005 SUV :confused: side impact [url]http://www1.progressive.com/video/05_Subaru_Legacy_SI.asx[/url] 40mph front impact [url]http://www1.progressive.com/video/05_Subaru_Legacy_HSF.asx[/url]

Probably equate AWD to SUV - which technically the FXT and possibly the OXT may fit into, category-wise. It's interesting to watch the driver's door mirror in both crashes. The first it just detaches and flies across the hood and in the second it flops all the way forward and then recoils to its original position. Didn't know that the mirrors were capable of folding flat "forward". It's probably broken internally but thought it was interesting to watch. SBT
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

[quote name='ssmathis']I guess what I find interesting about the second one is that the head recoils back and hits the roof above the door. Insurance Institute won't like that one. Scott[/QUOTE] Looks like we need pretensioners to ensure the lap belt keeps the driver in the seat better.

Umm, IIHS has already given the Leg a 5 star frontal crash rating and listed it as a "best pick". [quote]INJURY MEASURES: GOOD Measures taken from the head, neck, chest, and both legs indicate low risk of injuries to these body regions. Head accelerations from the roof rail, grab handle, and sun visor hits were low.[/quote] -Nick

[quote name='KTM 525']The side impact bag that deploys from the seats side looks as if it protects only the front occupant.Rear occupant relys only on the side curtain?[/QUOTE] That is correct. The front seat has a side airbag, rear does not. The rear seat has a second door beam though...

Archived