LegacyGT.com

rear wheel well care.

so what is the best way to take care of the rear wheel well lip. i know a lot of the guys roll their fenders when lowered and or wide wheels. i did not need to do anything but remove the rubber liner. however i noticed there are small chips here and there from rocks/dirt etc etc since the rubber is gone and the wheels/tires are really close. i just want to keep them taken cared of because i don't want rusty wheel wells years down the line.

only think i can think of is maybe clean them really well, then put some roll on bedliner on? or maybe get some clear bra stuff and stick it on?

all those older cars running around with rusty rear wheel wells, what is the issue? lack of washing in the area, or is it just a harsh area that always gets beaten.

Use a good sealant. My rear wheel well lip paint cracked just a little bit, but I have been diligent about using a good sealant. I use Rejex sealant for those areas because it bonds to metal as well as painted surfaces. It's awesome stuff for protection.

Paint sealant won't protect you from rock chips. The clear bra solution is the only way to protect the paint from that unless you put mud flaps on. If you want to prevent the rust then you need to fill the chips as soon as you spot them. Keep either some clear coat touch up handy or factory paint touch up.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

well i already have mudflaps. i'm talking about the upper lip of the wheel well that people roll. its really close to the wheels and so it takes occasional hits from rocks/dirt. i'll probably try the clear bra solution.

Archived