LegacyGT.com

Upcoming 08MY New Car Insentives??

I am probably looking to get a lightly used or new 08 spec.b in late July/August time frame and was curious if anyone has a feeling for what kind of dealer incentives may be available around that time. I figure the 09's should be out by that point (or at least close).

If there is a cash back + low APR incentive at the time on the spec.b, then it would go a long way to sway me away from getting a lightly used one.

Does anyone remember what kind of deals were available at the end of the 07 model year? The economy may even be a bit worse this year, so maybe even more lucrative incentives (I can dream anyway).

I guess this also assumes that there will be a few spoiler-less spec.b's around at the end of summer, which does not look to be too much of a stretch at this point.

You help if greatly appreciated.

I'm not sure we will see a cashback rebate on the 08 Spec. I don't know for sure, but I don't think one was offered on the 07s. That said, I think the economy was better (gas certainly was) and there were a few less 07s made than 08s. Or so the rumor goes....

APR is already 0% for 24months or 3.9% for 63 through Subaru. Which while not an amazing rate, is lower than what my bank other finance places could get me for 60.

There are 2 new 08 Spec Bs in my neck of the woods and they have been there for a little bit (4-5 months). It's a gamble, but if you are willing to travel for one, you'll probably have no problems getting one that late in the game.

Good luck and I hope that helps...

Thanks. I would personally be pretty happy if they would do a 0% APR for 4+ years or something like that (and I could get a spec.b for a great price... not sure what that is but $31k would not be bad), and I would agree that cash back may be asking for a bit much.

The 4% rate really does not mean much, as I think I could get 5% from my credit union, but 0% for 4-5 years would make a significant difference in the net cost.

There are definitely a few new ones around here that have not been selling really well, so there is a good chance something will still be around.

I am probably looking to get a lightly used or new 08 spec.b in late July/August time frame...

You'll be too late for a 2008. GTs & Spec Bs are pretty much sold out in New England already. Subaru cuts over their model years earlier than other manufacturers.

I just got the last spec b in my area. There were only 2 lgts with 5spds also. One in the newport blue and another they had delivered for me from another dealer 3 hours away before I decided to take the spec b.

The spec b seems to have $0 incentive. I had $750 cash back on the lgt I almost bought but $0 on the spec b.

I just got the last spec b in my area. There were only 2 lgts with 5spds also. One in the newport blue and another they had delivered for me from another dealer 3 hours away before I decided to take the spec b.

The spec b seems to have $0 incentive. I had $750 cash back on the lgt I almost bought but $0 on the spec b.

Thanks. Do you mind if I ask what you paid for it (including destination)? I am trying to get an idea what a realistic price would be at this point.

There are still a couple around here, but not too many. I am also not oppose to traveling a bit to get one that I want as long as the price is right.

Thanks for the info. So that is right around the invoice price of $32500. I am assuming that sales tax was not included in the $32700 number. If that was the out-the-door price, then it sounds like you got a smokin' deal.

I would think you could get one for invoice without much problem. You may want to try for late June rather than late July though.

Late April here in FL I found 5 GTs and 4 Bs. Now I'm seeing 1 GT and 2 Bs. This is just from quickly pulling up dealer sites via subaru.com and doing inventory searches. Not sure how accurate that is, but the $750 and lowish rate seems to be helping the GTs go. I got lucky with mine and paid well under invoice, but the dealer was tired of looking at it and wanted it gone. I also had to travel 600miles to get it. Well, I could have bought the same Spec B down the road but would have paid 2K more for it.

I would do a quick search of dealers in your area to see what 'stock' they have before waiting to much longer. I take back my earlier statement, 1 month seems to have thinned the herd in my area quite a bit.

Well the amount financed was actually $34k and I put just under $1k down. So the out the door price with tax/fees and everything including $1500 in negative equity on my last car was right about $35k even.

Archived