LegacyGT.com

Tuning Alliance's Wideband02 Logging kit

Tuning Alliance

We've finally come around to producing these for the public! We've been testing these kits on both my 17 STI, and Mike's 11 WRX and after working closely with Moore Performance(wiring), our kits are now on the market!

Essentially, you plug a wideband sensor into your rear 02 bung(or other post turbo in downpipe) and we can route the signal through the factory rear02 sensor input. This lets it hit the ECU, which we can view and log via your Cobb Accessport!!

One of the main reasons why dyno tunes are so popular, is because of the ability to log an external wideband on dyno plot to see Air Fuel Ratio's under boost to redline! (Factory 02 sensors will only read at cruise/idle). This has given us the ability to etune from basic, to high end flex fuel applications for Subarus! Being able to see AFR's under boost is crutial for upgraded injectors/turbo applications.

The kit contains an Innovative LC2 wideband and controller, and plug and play wiring!

https://tuningalliance.rpmware.com/tuning-alliance/rear02-logging-kit-innovative-lc2-sensor/tawb02/i-3708881.aspx

-Brian

1.jpg.fe04bf939ce447d803ef5062a3dd97fd.jpg

Contact us for all your tuning and performance parts needs! Etuning the legacy community since 2008!

Follow us on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I saw this last week and immediately wanted it for my personal vehicle (the only car here I DONT have ATR for).

Will this let me log wideband without having to alter my tune at all? As in, install, then set one of my channels on my AP to Rear o2, and I'm good to go?

Chase

Engineering

Intresting. So did you all find a scaling for the LC2's analog output that the ECU thinks is the stock one? Or is there an option in the Cobb software to repurpose the scaling of that input completaly and disable all rear O2 corrections?

I have an LC1 that I was thinking about replacing my rear O2 sensor with as I'm switching to an AEM on my primary wideband.

I saw this last week and immediately wanted it for my personal vehicle (the only car here I DONT have ATR for).

Will this let me log wideband without having to alter my tune at all? As in, install, then set one of my channels on my AP to Rear o2, and I'm good to go?

Chase

Engineering

You will have to disable the CEL's related to the rear o2 functionality, but otherwise it is good to go.

Intresting. So did you all find a scaling for the LC2's analog output that the ECU thinks is the stock one? Or is there an option in the Cobb software to repurpose the scaling of that input completaly and disable all rear O2 corrections?

I have an LC1 that I was thinking about replacing my rear O2 sensor with as I'm switching to an AEM on my primary wideband.

This is simply for logging purposes. Yes, we do recommend disabling the corrections for the rear o2.

In most cases we cannot convert to AFR with Cobb (LGT's not supported for custom features yet, other ecus are...) so we log the voltage and convert in spreadsheets for e-tuning.

Btssm I believe support conversion to afr and other 0-5 votl inputs as far as I know.

I already have an LC2. Is there something I can buy from you to add the functionality to my lc2?

I am working on this option, you can run a wire from the 0-5 output of the wideband into the rear o2 input.

Contact us for all your tuning and performance parts needs! Etuning the legacy community since 2008!

Follow us on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 weeks later...

I've been planning for a WBO2 install and this seems like the quickest and easiest solution. Is it as simple as replacing the rear O2 sensor and using an adapter harness to plug into the stock rear O2 wiring/plug? As a BtSsm user, that would also mean a custom field to interpret the 0-5V signal in BtSsm. Am I missing anything? Any pics of an install?

I'm going to be a customer if it's as simple as that...

Hmmm. I already have one of the Prosport wideband UEGO gauges, which I'm pretty sure has a 0-5v output for datalogging, but I haven't gotten around to installing it because I couldn't find a place for the gauge that wasn't annoying or ghetto-rigged looking.

Would a similar connection work to allow me to datalog with my APV3? I know I won't be able to scale the signal to read AFR on the AP, but I'm totally okay with just reading voltage and converting later, especially if that means I don't need to have the laptop open and running in the car with me.

Mostly asking this question out of curiosity, but I will probably also be going with you guys for an etune once I sort out a few issues.

I've been planning for a WBO2 install and this seems like the quickest and easiest solution. Is it as simple as replacing the rear O2 sensor and using an adapter harness to plug into the stock rear O2 wiring/plug? As a BtSsm user, that would also mean a custom field to interpret the 0-5V signal in BtSsm. Am I missing anything? Any pics of an install?

I'm going to be a customer if it's as simple as that...

To log the WBO2, yes it is that simple. However, you'll need to disable rear O2-related CEL codes in the tune (which is simple) and you'll also want to disable AF3 corrections in the tune (simple with AccessPort, as simple with OS tuning if the table is defined, a little more involved if it isn't).

I'll likely be picking up one of these kits in the future from you guys!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I'm not sure I understand what this is... the ability to kink a wideband O2 sensor to the Cobb AP, as having to run its own af gauge? Just got an Lc2 and wondering what I'm missing out on!

I can't really make out your sentence... but this lets you hook up a wideband O2 sensor to replace your rear O2 sensor, and then you can read out the wideband AFR through an AP or Bluetooth/Tactrix/etc., which allows logging of the wideband AFR along with everything else.

Sorry. Was mobile and have fat thumbs! LMAO

SO, instead of installing the wb in the preferred location, downstream from turbo before cat, you install it in the stock rear o2 location? Can it be installed whilst retaining the stock nb o2? The stock ecu can't communicate with the wb, so it's strictly for logging right?

If possible, I'd like to install the wb into the DP, retain the stock rear o2; as well as incorporate this "MOD" to have the ability to log the wb with the AP.... any info on such would be awesome

Sorry. Was mobile and have fat thumbs! LMAO

SO, instead of installing the wb in the preferred location, downstream from turbo before cat, you install it in the stock rear o2 location? Can it be installed whilst retaining the stock nb o2? The stock ecu can't communicate with the wb, so it's strictly for logging right?

If possible, I'd like to install the wb into the DP, retain the stock rear o2; as well as incorporate this "MOD" to have the ability to log the wb with the AP.... any info on such would be awesome

Yes, that's probably the best idea. You need to disable the rear O2 in the tune so it doesn't throw a CEL or screw with the fuel trims (something TA can do for you if you have them etune you).

That's no biggie... Mike did my first tune, but that was before I got the wb. Disabling the rear O2 should be easy....

Now, I have a wb, and already have an AP.... since TA likely won't visit this thread anytime soon (being that Brian is no longer with the company, and I'm not sure if Brittany gets the notifications for activity in this thread) what's the last step to make the WB talk to my Cobb AP???

That's no biggie... Mike did my first tune, but that was before I got the wb. Disabling the rear O2 should be easy....

Now, I have a wb, and already have an AP.... since TA likely won't visit this thread anytime soon (being that Brian is no longer with the company, and I'm not sure if Brittany gets the notifications for activity in this thread) what's the last step to make the WB talk to my Cobb AP???

That's something Mike would probably have to do for you. I'm not sure how to set up custom gauges on the AP (or if it's even possible without the professional version of AccessTuner).

I have the gauge for the wb... I'm just asking how to finish the idea/kit that this thread is about. The whole idea is to get the wb to talk to the AP for logging purposes right? Is it as simple as running a wire from wb 02 to the stock o2?

Yes, that's what this kit does. But you also need to rescale the AP gauges to correctly map the signal from the WBO2 to the correct AFr, and that's the part you might need Mike's help. The kit TA supplies is everything you need to plug the WBO2 into the rear o2 harness, at which point the only thing left is software related.

I hear Ya loud and clear bro... what I'm getting at is- I already have a wideband with afr gauge, as well as AP.... was wondering if there is a life hack that can obtain the benefits of this mod, since I won't be buying the kit.

Guess I'll give TA a call and see if they sell the plug for wb to stock o2 separately... or keep searching for said hack.

Thanks

As you already have the LC-2 you could also wire it to the TGV when you put in deleats:

See thread here

This TA kit is a great plug and play option for most people. But in your particular case you already have the wideband (presumably installed) and were talking about deleating the TGV's anyway. Thus TGV intput may be the simplest in your particular case.

As you already have the LC-2 you could also wire it to the TGV when you put in deleats:

See thread here

This TA kit is a great plug and play option for most people. But in your particular case you already have the wideband (presumably installed) and were talking about deleating the TGV's anyway. Thus TGV intput may be the simplest in your particular case.

Good looking out, I thought I read something like this once but couldn't remember what the tgv had to do with it... thanks for the link!!!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
simple question:

- the rear O2 sensor input accepts a 0-5V signal?

not that i can find a concrete answer, but from what i've read so far the rear O2 only reads in the 0-1.5V range normally...

It should. The service manual mentioned some thresholds for errors, and they were higher than 1.5v.

Mike has some cables for existing LC2 owners. Got mine, and wired up the rear O2 plug to my LC2 with the cable from TA. Spliced it into Analog 2 (brown), and Analog 1 (Yellow) goes to my gauge.

I moved the cable from the brown to the yellow, as per Mike. So, I think that means either gauge or AP logging, and not both. Unless the yellow can provide the current to feed both. Probably can, but I hardly run the gauge, so I am okay with it.

Archived