LegacyGT.com

Whoop-ahhhhh :-)

03Indigo

I know this does not belong here, but I just wanted my local Colorado bretheran to know I got my windows tinted today, as well as the sunroof. I walked in for a quote, they cut me a deal, life time with one replacement per year for life...and the tint I wanted. They did it while I waited, only 1.5 hrs, and it is PERFECT!!!!

I am just so excited. really changed the look of the car, much better now, silver with a tint, now that looks good

One Seriously Happy Subie Driver :D

cheers

jon

Price was probably a bit high for some, but I want coverage, and have delt with these guys before. I used Sun Free Window Tint on Broadway, just south of US36. They have done many of my cars, perfect results every time. They have lifetime warranty on all products, and will replace one window a year, film and labor for damage or scratches...lifetime.

I paid just a tad over $300 for all windows, and the 2 sun roof sections. I went with 30% on all windows, darkest legal that is covered by warranty, and 20% on the sunroof pannels. So, 9 panels of glass, full warranty, free replacement, for $300...not bad in my book. If you let me know, and you want to use them, there might be a referal bonus, and i would be happy to split that with anyone. If you tell them you are a repeat customer, they knock $15 off the final price. not much, but hey, that covers a lunch.

now, on to the pics.

http://www.rmcb5.com/albums/album107/IMG_0448.jpg

http://www.rmcb5.com/albums/album107/IMG_0449.jpg

http://www.rmcb5.com/albums/album107/IMG_0450.jpg

I was told mine were 30% but mine look a little darker ? ? ? Sorry your car looks really good. :lol:

well, my Xenon's are coming in today, maybe in the next couple of weeks, we can hook up and compare windows, and work on lights, clears and Xenons.

I agree, I wanted a LGT for performance, but not as fond of the look as I am of the XT...once seeing them in person. But still, both cars look great, no doubt about it, but for my personal tastes, the XT was the way to go. Now I just need to stiffin up the suspension with springs and sways...then I will be set....

I have a great write up already, with decent pics, can not remember where I found it, but it was on this site...I will also take more pics and do a little write up as well. Since you are in my area, and if you can get away some week night in the next few weeks, you are welcome to come over and watch as I hack away at the lights.

cheers

jon

more WHOOP-AHHHHHHH... I just ordered the AP today. may wait to add the 91 MAP until after 2000 miles, but still, will be nice to have the ability to read codes and see what is going on.

Anyone local with any experience on using the AP? I have had chipped cars before, but never used an OBD2 or DiPP before.

does your wife know what you have done (hid + ap)? :lol:

haha, not married, but do have a serious girlfriend, and she is all for it. She loves it when I "run with the machine". Still taking it easy on the Subie since she is still a baby, but with the Audi, I boosted over Stage 1 and ran 308hp and 355tq. The Mini does not have that much power, but it corners like nothing else...and she loves it when I whip her around in it. We are gonna sell it in efforts to build a new house and do all the upgrades, ie:, granite counters, hard wood floors, blah, blah, blah....

So, in a nut shell, I am WAY lucky, she supports my interests, and I support hers, because we do things within reason and always talk about it before we spend the money. I am pretty dang lucky that I found her :D

• 2 weeks later...

I paid just a tad over $300 for all windows, and the 2 sun roof sections. I went with 30% on all windows, darkest legal that is covered by warranty, and 20% on the sunroof pannels.

Wow you got way overcharged buddy sorry to say.

First off they SHOULD charge but the # of cuts they have to make in the tint film, not how deep of a tint it is (you didn't say whether or not they did so I'm just assuming)

When I got mine done (7 windows) I was charged only $200 and my tint is much deeper then yours. Also mine came with everything yours did: Professional install, lifetime warranty, free replacement if something happens to it.

If anybody wants a window tint done, try going to Jazz It Up on Arapahoe Road (kind of by John Elway Subaru. If you need better directions I can give them) Best prices and best work.

Here are some of my pics in case you need to see...

http://home.comcast.net/~samur_Devil/carwash.jpg

http://home.comcast.net/~samur_Devil/carwash3.jpg

2002 Subaru Legacy L (Retired)

2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT

Maybe a better deal, but I also had the 2 panels on the sunroof done. So, total was 9 panels. I am VERY happy with my tint, it was done perfect the first time. I know there are some places that can do it cheaper, but sometimes you have to go back and have it redone. I have never had to return for any of my cars with these guys. They have tinted several cars of mine, and the film also matters to me. Not all films are the same.

So, yes, your price was much cheaper than mine, but overall, I am ok with what I paid and for what was done. The sunroof is a PITA to put on, it took longer to do than the entire driver side and back window on the wagon.

PS...wagon's cost more than sedans, cuts are not the only factor, so is the size of the windows...and the rear window on each side is considerable compared to yours. The material is not free, they charge you for that. For a Sedan, the cost would have been about $50 less, if it also had a sunroof. So, if I had your car, it would have been right around $250. So not that far off.

Archived