LegacyGT.com

Who else love's their Tuning Alliance tune ?

Max Capacity

Sorry for not starting this sooner, I do post Mike's web link, www.tuningalliance.com in every thread that needs a Tuner.

He really is that great.

I first heard about Mike when my son and I were racing the Civic. My son had all kind's of contacts. One of the Honda racing buddies from NH told him about a Tuner at one of the Dyno's there. Turns out this Tuner knew a lot about Subaru's. That was back in 2008.

In May of 08 is when I first met Mike. He has the demeanor of the great Tuners we had met while building the 9 second Civic. Low key, and focused.

After the first street tune that day, the car felt amazing. It had been on Cobb AP stage 1 since Dec 04. After the tune the car had a very smooth power delivery from 2400rpm on. It got better mpg also.

In Aug 2011 I put the vf52 on with the catless up/dn pipe. The car made 280whp and 300ftlbs at 21psi, the engine had 142,000 miles on it.

At 154,000 miles I replaced the good running, but oil using short block with a ej257. After the 500 mile break in on the tune from the dyno, Mike did a street tune just to make sure all was still fine with ported heads and ej257.

The other day I met up with Mike again to do a street tune for the Grimmspeed tmic.

The car currently has 213,850 miles on it, still on stock fueling that came with the car when I bought it late June 2004. It's my DD getting around 17,000+ miles a year. The dash board mpg normally stay's above 24mpg with my long DD's.

I can't get over how well the car runs, how much fun it is to drive. There is plenty of power from 2400rpm on. It makes passing very easy on the back roads or highway, if I feel the need.

The car will spin the tires on cold pavement in a roll on in first gear. Not bad for 280whp/300ftlbs on a true reading Mustang dyno.

The other day it was raining, 58F, I rolled around a corner in Vernon CT from rt83 onto rt30 going up a long hill. I rolled into WOT in second gear and felt all four tire spin when it hit full boost. Not bad for a station wagon.

I could go on and on, that's how much fun this car is to drive.

Thanks Mike.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:yeahthat: Byron sent me to Mike at Tuning Alliance. I was running Cobb Stage I tune up to 2011 (about 140k & 22mpg). Went stage II & Tuning Alliance maps ever sense. With over 275k now on the car. It never fails the put a smile on my face when I drive ir to this day. Still runs awesome & avg. 24mpg. I couldn't be happier with Tuning Alliance's Maps.

Thanks Mike

Edited by HAMMER DOWN

Mileage:331487 Retired/Sold

I first heard about Mike through Byron this time last year, and after a few emails I was confident that I had found the guy that was going to tune my car after the rebuild.

For a guy like myself who didn't know much about these cars at the time, Mike explained where the gains would be made, he suggested a few mod paths that I could take,

but more importantly his Tuning focus on reliability and Engine safety ultimately sealed the deal. That's what I wanted to hear!

Never had a problem communicating via email, he always got back to me promptly.

The tuning process with Mike was my first, and man it was just a great time. As I have made mention to before, Mike took his time dialing in my car on the dyno,

pull after pull after pull, getting the most out of that little custom VF40 as he could as safely as possible. That was back in March of this year.

My car made 255awhp/286wtq on ESP's mustang Dyno. The butt dyno says it all though. stomp on it in 3rd gear and it pulls hard, no problems getting around and past traffic.:D

Mike and I met up over this Summer to road tune an aftermarket TMIC that I put on, we spent some time doing some pulls and as a result he was able to dial the car in with gaining some more boost, overall making the system happy and run smoothly.

I had a big Ass smile on my face the whole time. This car rips for what it's got, I love the tune, and can take comfort in knowing it's safe!

Great guy, very personable, and a True Professional!

This is the Guy you want tuning your car.

He definitely knows what hes doing that's for sure! Having his experience for past professional shops hes worked at. always takes good care of his customers and makes sure they leave with a smile on their face. Hes always there to answer any questions I have.

Love my tune and will return to him every time!

I love the tunes I got from mike!

Gas milage has improved a ton, really smooth power delivery.

Has helped me along the way with some issues I've had with leaks and such, as I'm a DIY'R.

Tuning alliance has been a big part of keeping my stock longblock alive and kickin, running up to stage 3 for awhile until my 20g exploded (poor quality brand) anyways, he got me back to stage 2 all while running open source. Then I picked up a cobb accessport and he converted the tune for me for a really fair price.

All and all, if your thinking about getting a tune, go for tuning alliance. You won't be dissapointed.

Thanks Mike and thanks tuning alliance.

Keep up the good work and the great prices!

So...your pefer'd method of communication? Cost structures? I currently work with a remote tuner. I am very happy. But beside my original COBB McTune, I haven't worked with anyone else. I briefly considered knocking on FlatIron Tuning's door. After a few discussions, I had sticker shock.

But my door is always open.

CKE SSP product information and sales : chris.ckessp@gmail.com

So...your pefer'd method of communication? Cost structures? I currently work with a remote tuner. I am very happy. But beside my original COBB McTune, I haven't worked with anyone else. I briefly considered knocking on FlatIron Tuning's door. After a few discussions, I had sticker shock.

Email is best tuningalliance@gmail.com

Cost Cobb AP tuning:

Maps: $120 (stock turbo, stock fueling, stock boost control)

E-tune or street: $200 (pretty much anything goes, wideband helps)

Dynotunes: $450 (includes street tuning after the session to dial into real conditions)

Open source tuning:

Maps: $200

E-tunes: $250

Dyno tunes: $450

Contact us for all your tuning and performance parts needs! Etuning the legacy community since 2008!

Follow us on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nice to see you over here from the Outback forum. I think your going to like it here.

Max

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Thank You Both. I can have tendency to spend too much time...in blocks. Whether that be on my car, bikes...time with my daughter. So, sometimes I disappear. I am here for help, helping and humor. in the short time I have spent logged on...I definitely feel a good community energy. I enjoy the community helping each other with all of out 6-star related cars.

I think there are plenty of places in the world were folks and nit-pic a machine and / or be nasty. This isn't one of them. I like that. I definitely feel a responsibility to the OB forum community. Sometimes it gets un-interesting and exhausting at the same time.

Having the "odd model" in OB form, plus all of my "straying from the stock platform", means I always feel like I am blazing trail...here I am just part of the mix...and I have the opportunity to learn a great deal more. I am mainly a chassis and suspension guy. Most of what I have done to correct the issues I didn't like...most of those folks don't understand. And most others think the pretty color are just stupid.

I hope to contribute where I can.

Email is best tuningalliance@gmail.com

Cost Cobb AP tuning:

Maps: $120 (stock turbo, stock fueling, stock boost control)

E-tune or street: $200 (pretty much anything goes, wideband helps)

Dynotunes: $450 (includes street tuning after the session to dial into real conditions)

Open source tuning:

Maps: $200

E-tunes: $250

Dyno tunes: $450

Wow...Very straight forward, detailed for those who know, Not, sticker shock, by no means.

Tks. M

Wow...Very straight forward, detailed for those who know, Not, sticker shock, by no means.

Tks. M

Considering I will support you for years to come, provide updates if needed, view logs, give advice, and help trouble shoot any issues. It's not a bad deal. Cheaper than many I guess.

Contact us for all your tuning and performance parts needs! Etuning the legacy community since 2008!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I would love to try your tunes one of these days! I've been tuned by a few different people, and though I'm very happy with Bren, you never know what you're missing. LOL

Take a log and find out

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I just got a tune from Mike this Saturday and I would recommend him to anyone. I brought my car in since I didn't know the quality of the last tune under previous owners. He found that the car was running a bit leaning and pulling timing. By the time he got done with it, he was able to make the maps safer and add 1whp and 25wtq, in addition to a fatter overall curve.

Before Mike began, he asked me about the modifications done, opened up the hood and checked for boost leaks. He disassembled some parts and refitted them for a tighter seal and also discovered some minor issues for me to fix. This tells me he's very thorough and takes an expansive approach to tuning - he doesn't just sit behind a screen.

When we wrapped up the dyno tune he brought the car on the road to make some finishing touches. On the ride I asked him about his thoughts on turbos. Some of the stuff he was talking about was beyond the edge of my understanding, but he strikes me as someone who puts an emphasis on strong fundamental understanding of modification. You won't be taken on any shortcuts with him.

I have little doubt that I'll be returning to Mike if I continue with any upgrades in the future. It's also worth mentioning that his Dyno tune price is a much greater value than the other esteemed tuner in the region.

muFreight.co
A JDM Container Sharing Service from Japan 🇯🇵 to NYC 🗽
 🌐 Website📷 Instagram✉️ Email

Bessie II's Thread

Mike have you done many speed density tunes on Subarus?

I have done a fair amount, most were using cobb in hybrid mode so using the maf for most normal driving then switching to SD once the maf is maxxed. Then have done a few purely speed density ones as well, with no maf at all.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Mike, I've been considering a re-tune of my 05 Outback XT. VF52, Perrin inlet, IPR TMIC, GFB Respons BPV/BOV, GS EBCS, DW740 injectors, DW65c pump, TGV deletes, PnP collectors, Invidia catless UP, Cobb catted DP, Nameless Performance resonated mid/Y, stock mufflers (swapped off the 5" Nameless turn-downs, they were just too loud in the cabin for my tastes).

I currently have an AP3 w/ an editable (and self-edited for certain things) calibration file, MAF based. It's been running very well for the ~2 yrs I've been using it.

I recently purchased/installed a GS CAI and applied the 12% MAF scaling that GS used with good results on their test car (yes I know mine is a fair bit different but figured it would be a half-decent interim setting), but from some recent datalogs it looks like it's going to need to be properly scaled before I can safely lay into the throttle.

What's the preferred way to touch base and discuss tuning options? I don't currently have a WBO2 installed, so assume that throws out e-tuning as an option. I'd prefer a full dyno tune, but since I live in South/Central NJ, getting to your location involves a ~3.5 hr drive which I presume would cut into the day for a dyno session (?)

Thanks,

Clint

Edit: Oops, missed your earlier post indicating email as preferred communication method. I'll shoot you a msg. There's a bit more to my setup than listed above, which is why I wanted to discuss...

Edited by serx7

Actually I have some news that will make your tuning experience much easier, and reduce your driving time. I have worked out deals with 3 additional dyno shops to provide protuning services to make it more convientant for customers travleing, more scheduling options etc.

Home Shop: Enhanced Street Performance

12 Beverly Drive, Sterling, MA

CT Shop: Command Performance, llc.

40 NE Industrial Rd, Branford, CT 06405

RI Shop: Dynotech Tuning, Inc.

20 Hollister Rd, Seekonk, MA 02771

Eastern Mass/Cape: Modified Mechanics

2371 Cranberry Hwy, West Wareham, MA 02576

Mike, I've been considering a re-tune of my 05 Outback XT. VF52, Perrin inlet, IPR TMIC, GFB Respons BPV/BOV, GS EBCS, DW740 injectors, DW65c pump, TGV deletes, PnP collectors, Invidia catless UP, Cobb catted DP, Nameless Performance resonated mid/Y, stock mufflers (swapped off the 5" Nameless turn-downs, they were just too loud in the cabin for my tastes).

I currently have an AP3 w/ an editable (and self-edited for certain things) calibration file, MAF based. It's been running very well for the ~2 yrs I've been using it.

I recently purchased/installed a GS CAI and applied the 12% MAF scaling that GS used with good results on their test car (yes I know mine is a fair bit different but figured it would be a half-decent interim setting), but from some recent datalogs it looks like it's going to need to be properly scaled before I can safely lay into the throttle.

What's the preferred way to touch base and discuss tuning options? I don't currently have a WBO2 installed, so assume that throws out e-tuning as an option. I'd prefer a full dyno tune, but since I live in South/Central NJ, getting to your location involves a ~3.5 hr drive which I presume would cut into the day for a dyno session (?)

Thanks,

Clint

Edit: Oops, missed your earlier post indicating email as preferred communication method. I'll shoot you a msg. There's a bit more to my setup than listed above, which is why I wanted to discuss...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Cool, how does that work? Do the resident tuner/s at those respective shops perform the tuning under a Tuning Alliance umbrella, or do you perform the tuning yourself at those locations under some sort of schedule?

Cool, how does that work? Do the resident tuner/s at those respective shops perform the tuning under a Tuning Alliance umbrella, or do you perform the tuning yourself at those locations under some sort of schedule?

Its me tuning on their dynos. Not all shops have a resident tuner, and most will rent the dyno to anyone. Scheduling is fairly normal, you need to find a date I'm available and also that the dyno is free on whatever date your interested in, at the specific location. Good news is the new shops can possible do sundays. :wub:

My schedule is getting pretty booked so earlier you plan the better.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]