LegacyGT.com

should i or shouldn't i? please help!

saywhat

Hi all. have been looking at buying a 97 legacy gt here in nz. He only wants $500 but I'm suspicious about the issues he has stated. he said it has sat for a couple years while he was overseas he came back to it changed plugs fresh fuel and it blew a coil pack. said he changed it out 3 times with used ones and all blew always same one. i havr read other threads and forums regarding this and the answers range from minor to major any idea what it could be would be great. keep in mind the car is a 7 hour drive away so can't exactly try much. Thanks guys.

Something may have chewed into some electrical wires... which could be very easy to find, or one huge massive PITA. Obviously it is getting some massive amount of current, which isn't good for other systems also. Does he have the wrong fuse in for that circuit???? I'd rather blow fuses than coil packs, especially while troubleshooting, duh!

Other than that, if it's the EJ25D there are head gasket problems pretty much guaranteed 130-180K miles. I'd want compression and leakdown results from any EJ25D, it is so easy to do anyways.

That motor its a unicorn here in the states.... To behold and to drool upon... I know little about it other than i want one,

You may want to query over at NASIOC because there maybe some folks that have imported them or otherwise

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Those motors are everywhere over here. I mite just buy it change coil pack and wires and hope for the best. if i can't fix it can always sell as parts. its also 5 speed manual with only 180thou kilometers. so I'm assuming its a spark issue from sitting. Here is the url for the car let me know what u think. http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=620957658

Archived