LegacyGT.com

still waiting for my tint ticket ?!?

so christmas eve, i was driving on the highway back from the mall. on the day i actually follow the speed limit i get pulled over and it was for tint. it was a trap, they were pulling people over left and right. the cop that pulled me over pulled a ricer crx with front mount just cruising slowly along as soon as he was done with me.

i got a warning for the tint and 5 days to remove it and get it checked out. i had to decide between keeping my tint and paying the fine, or remove the tint which is a pain in the ass, and lose the money i paid for the tint, but no ticket. anyway since i figured it would be a lose lose situation, i decided to keep it, pay the fine, and my car would still look good :).

well two months now and i havent gotten the ticket yet. should i be worried or did the cop just let it go? advice?

I say call the court and follow up. You don't want to have that on your record if it got lost in the mail or something. I'd say play it safe and follow up yourself. :)

id say dont say a goddamn word till you get a ticket in the mail. I have 2 big tickets pending in NY i just keep my mouth shut until i recieve them then postpone postpone and plea :lol:
06 TB EVO IX SE stock turbo monster subaru hater :lol:

You never know, it may have been entered into the system, and the next time you get pulled over it may come up.

I don't know of any state that has a DMV which is efficient, so you should certainly check with the DMV to see if you need to bring it in for inspection.

Do you happen to have mail lost regularly?

If so, call the court. Ignorance is no excuse of the law and if they sent the ticket, you should be paying it. That's how they will look at it atleast.

If you don't have mail lost ever, disregard it until you get something in the mail.

Also, not sure where you are at but here in Ohio most things like that get sent certified mail, usually.

id say dont say a goddamn word till you get a ticket in the mail. I have 2 big tickets pending in NY i just keep my mouth shut until i recieve them then postpone postpone and plea :lol:

This happened to my friend. 3 years later he got pulled over and spend a day in jail. No one notified him of nothing. Apparently had a bench warrant out because of the unsettled ticket. Even though he was waiting for the court to act next.

Last year in Cape Coral FL a woman was jailed for an upaid 3 year old traffic ticket.

She claimed to have moved and never got the ticket.

Didn't matter; judge issued a warrant and when she came across a cop she landed behind bars.

Archived