LegacyGT.com

Double din radio install with Automatic climate control

As Drift Motion linked, there are only a few options with our integrated auto climate control and the stock stereo. One is quite expensive and the other is VERY technical!

GL with your upgrade! I would love a different deck but will tolerate what I have in order to spend the $ and effort on other projects....

My .02...

djfrostsf, what exactly are you asking for? There are a couple of ways to do this.

-You could buy the JDM climate control (~$350) which comes with a double din setup. I went this route with a twist modifying the install kit from Crutchfield to use a single din stereo.

-The center cubby kit (also AVO) for single din, but leaves the stock headunit in.

-You could modify the stock climate control system, but there is a lot of soldering/cutting of the stock headunit. The climate control is actually integrated into the stereo. It's not as easy as just cutting the board between the HVAC and the stereo. There is some power that actually comes through the stereo. There's a thread on this with pictures, but I can't find it. I would've done this, but I didn't have the time or the equipment.

Most of this info should be in the interior/audio forum. Please take the time to do a search. It took me an hour to look for and read all the options. I don't have the threads memorized, but I know they are there. Good luck with your build.

Well if no one has any clues on what to do I'm going to see what i can do about getting one from a wreck and trying to cut and chop it to make it work. With pics on progress of course ;)
Huh?!? You were given the choices, or CLUES, in the links that you shoulda searched for in the first place.

Or re-invent the wheel, your decision.

I have an 05 with a kenwood dnx 5140 6.1 inch dvd/navi/ipod/sat. radio/blue tooth and other functions I haven't quite figured out. If you're alright with losing your center cubby and the little read out, look into car toys. I got mine done professionally and I'm not having any regrets.

• 1 year later...
Hi, I have a legacy 2005 I wanna upgrade my stereo. Im interested in a double din setup. Where do I find a dash bezel ? Thanks

:mad:

The links to the threads with all of the information you need are posted ON THIS VERY PAGE, along with another member being given grief over asking a question that has been answered many times over on this forum. Did you think you would be given a different answer by asking the same question? Did you even try to find the answer before asking that it be served to you on a platter?

sorry Lucid.. I saw the link... but what trying to say I need to know if anyone know a website that I can order the part ?!?!?!?!? Im a girl sooooo I dont know alot about cars.. so you dont need to give me attitude.. Im just asking for some help here !!!!! but thanks anyways<

I don't need to give you attitude, but you may well need to hear it.

The link to order the parts is in the VERY FIRST POST of the linked thread. It's more than ok to not know much about cars, there's a lot to be learned if you just read. I assume that even girls are taught that where you come from. Try it, it will expand your horizons.

Welcome to the forum mary :) . As you can see, people can be a bit touchy on the topic of searching/reading. Most folks will kindly answer/redirect you to a link, but do some research. The site also offers some similar threads at the bottom of the thread you're looking at.

That being said, the japanese site is probably the only site you can get the parts from, unless someone is selling them in the "for sale" forums. Once they receive the funds, you'll get the parts from Japan in about a week.

Besides the walk-thru, there is a completed install thread to give you some ideas. Good luck with your research/project.

Archived