LegacyGT.com

Strange Noise

Does anyone else have this issue? First thing in the morning; I start my car..instantly I hear strange sound like liquid flowing . Hard to pinpoint location, but sounds like it flows from A Pillar to dash, or all coming from firewall area. N.B, at this point, the car hasn't even moved as yet. Just sitting there idling. :confused:

LOL, this has been covered a 1000 times.

You need to jack up the right front corner of the car, take off the cap from the turbo cooling tank and squeez the hoses, you'll see bubls coming out of the coolant. Start the car while it up and watch in the tank.

Then top off the overflow bottle to the full cold line.

After a few day's check the overflow tank again. top off as needed.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I only changed the coolant, well replaced what I lost during the tiiming belt change and then when I replaced the short block.

I used some prestone and Peak that I mixed 50/50 with water at the timing belt change. Then use the left over from that for the new short block and topped it off with new Peak Global pre-mix.

My 00 GT wagon would make the same noise I never replaced that coolant in the 75,000 miles I had the car.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived