LegacyGT.com

CT people?

LacythaLeggy09

I browsed quickly to see if there was a thread, if i am reposting i apologize in advance! but where are my CT people at?!

tell me about your car, whats done to it, and wheres your favorite places to cruise around here?!

My baby is still stock, but i have exterior plans for her =)

and i love going up north towards the cornwall area, especially at this time of the year, I love the colors and how scenic it is!

• Replies 713
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • I Donated Too
I'm in Somers. Please ignore the monkey above. I have/had a 2008 LGT automatic, in DGM. I put on all sorts of stuff, including sway bars, endlinks, turboback, fmic, and a custom tune. Decided that the automatic was going to die if i continued to modify, and wanted to get into a manual car. SO i bought a 2008 QSM SpecB, which will be getting all of the parts that went into the LGT, plus a VF52 swap and other goodies. You'll see me around the northeastern CT area, and every Thursday at the weekly subie meet in Manchester.

GORGEOUS :wub: so jelly, might have seen you around here or there, do you come around the danbury area?

Thanks but no the farthest that way I go is to my parents house in Oxford.

I'm in Somers. Please ignore the monkey above. I have/had a 2008 LGT automatic, in DGM. I put on all sorts of stuff, including sway bars, endlinks, turboback, fmic, and a custom tune. Decided that the automatic was going to die if i continued to modify, and wanted to get into a manual car. SO i bought a 2008 QSM SpecB, which will be getting all of the parts that went into the LGT, plus a VF52 swap and other goodies. You'll see me around the northeastern CT area, and every Thursday at the weekly subie meet in Manchester.

^ dont listen to this crazy columbian hes full of **** :D:p

I was 0.

And I'm still a zero.

:lol:

:lol::lol::lol: you have/had my car just a year older :) was it a limited or se? I feel better now knowing i wouldnt be the only person who wants to do something with a basic auto model! I'm going to tell my bf about the manchester meets and see if hed be down to go one thursday! hes got the same thing i do with many many more miles on it :lol: his is tinted, he painted the back little reflectors black and hes got a bug guard that he painted himself to match the rest of the car it looks sick! I've been trying to post pics from my phone but it doesnt seem to be loading them =( so ill email them to myself later and post pics of our cars!

lolololol :lol: ahh thought i could have seen ya around at some point!

Thanks but no the farthest that way I go is to my parents house in Oxford.

^ dont listen to this crazy columbian hes full of **** :D:p

• I Donated Too
:lol::lol::lol: you have/had my car just a year older :) was it a limited or se? I feel better now knowing i wouldnt be the only person who wants to do something with a basic auto model! I'm going to tell my bf about the manchester meets and see if hed be down to go one thursday! hes got the same thing i do with many many more miles on it :lol: his is tinted, he painted the back little reflectors black and hes got a bug guard that he painted himself to match the rest of the car it looks sick! I've been trying to post pics from my phone but it doesnt seem to be loading them =( so ill email them to myself later and post pics of our cars!

It was a GT (they're all limited after 06), and did really well with the suspension mods. The power mods just didn't play well with the automatic transmission. Mine was tinted, with grill painted black and overlays on the tails/reflectors

I've got some goodies on my car. Sways, FMIC, BNR 18G w/supporting fuel mods + EFI Logics tune. I don't want to list everything.

As for places to drive, take your boyfriend and his money and head towards the Lee Outlets in Massachusetts. Take old route 8. Windy roads, a river, covered bridge, rest stops for pictures; you will not be disappointed. It hugs the Farmington and is a beautiful ride any time of the year, especially in the fall.

As for tuning, when it comes time, I would talk to brendan at Brentuning or even try out the TuningAlliance guy.

Almost forgot, mines an Autotradgic.

• I Donated Too

^ This guy has a nice setup, definitely worth looking at.

I'd also throw Mikey from PhatBotti Tuning in that group as a tuner, he's been tuning at The Shop since their infamous previous tuner quit, he also tunes at ECS and EFI one day a week each, and the new Weapons Grade Performance shop in CT has been courting him.

Fairfield county, your to far south.

Oh and about the "crazy columbian" he's pretty big, wouldn't want him mad at me...LOL

Be nice to the monkey, he can save you money on insurance. He also play's with toy's that go "bang", but he keeps them locked up, most of the time...

The rest of us are just trolls. Go ahead, ask us, we'll tell ya...

Welcome to the forum.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

mines autotragic too =( and not a gt i feel like its even more fail =/ i like the tippy though! quite fun! i believe he was saying something about that area, we just recently covered most of rt 8 within the last week of just journying!

I've got some goodies on my car. Sways, FMIC, BNR 18G w/supporting fuel mods + EFI Logics tune. I don't want to list everything.

As for places to drive, take your boyfriend and his money and head towards the Lee Outlets in Massachusetts. Take old route 8. Windy roads, a river, covered bridge, rest stops for pictures; you will not be disappointed. It hugs the Farmington and is a beautiful ride any time of the year, especially in the fall.

As for tuning, when it comes time, I would talk to brendan at Brentuning or even try out the TuningAlliance guy.

mines just a regular limited no turbo =( i dont think id do any sort of power mods, more exterior definitely!

It was a GT (they're all limited after 06), and did really well with the suspension mods. The power mods just didn't play well with the automatic transmission. Mine was tinted, with grill painted black and overlays on the tails/reflectors

• I Donated Too
mines autotragic too =( and not a gt i feel like its even more fail =/ i like the tippy though! quite fun! i believe he was saying something about that area, we just recently covered most of rt 8 within the last week of just journying!

Not a fail, you still have plenty of opportunity to kill it with suspension. Struts/springs or coilovers, sways bars and endlinks, strut bars, chassis bracing, wide wheels and sticky tires! You may not accelerate as fast as some others, but it's much more fun to watch their face when you don't need to brake to hit the twisties!

if i took my car anywhere it would be EFI hands down, ive seen and heard SUCH amazing things about them and their work is phenominal! where about's in ct are you?

• I Donated Too
if i took my car anywhere it would be EFI hands down, ive seen and heard SUCH amazing things about them and their work is phenominal! where about's in ct are you?

I'm in Northern CT. EFI is great, but they tragically lost their tuner a short time ago, and he's a big part of why they were so successful. They have a great team of mechanics there, but if you're looking for any tuning, you'll need to use one of their fill-in tuners (mikey, who i mentioned, or JR Visconti who I would not wish on anyone). There are plenty of amazing shops besides EFI, don't let their PR machine turn you into a fangirl without proving themselves. In the immediate area there's AZP (a huge LGT community supporter), EFI, The Shop, and ECS, as well as a couple others.

ahh yes! your absoultely correct!! i dont need the speed! just the manuverability ;) i think itll be funnier to see their face when they realize that a girl is whippin!:lol:

Not a fail, you still have plenty of opportunity to kill it with suspension. Struts/springs or coilovers, sways bars and endlinks, strut bars, chassis bracing, wide wheels and sticky tires! You may not accelerate as fast as some others, but it's much more fun to watch their face when you don't need to brake to hit the twisties!

Yes, that I know, I've spoken to Chris a couple times about problems I had with my Impreza, he was a very very knowledgable, the best they had! I'll have to look into them, I'm definitely not a "fan girl" I know tons of people who have had work done by them and have worked there, and I know how credible they are, is all. I've heard good and bad experiences about them as well. But I've heard more good than bad which is my reasoning to chosing to go there if I do start other projects. But like I said, I will definitely look at the other shops and maybe give them a chance! :)

I'm in Northern CT. EFI is great, but they tragically lost their tuner a short time ago, and he's a big part of why they were so successful. They have a great team of mechanics there, but if you're looking for any tuning, you'll need to use one of their fill-in tuners (mikey, who i mentioned, or JR Visconti who I would not wish on anyone). There are plenty of amazing shops besides EFI, don't let their PR machine turn you into a fangirl without proving themselves. In the immediate area there's AZP (a huge LGT community supporter), EFI, The Shop, and ECS, as well as a couple others.

09 Spec.B here...

bnr 18g, full fuel upgrades, tmic, ebcs, etc etc... Recently finished up my suspension mods with jdm pink springs. Prior suspension mods consisted of front/rear sways, endlinks, rear reinforcements...

very nice! and what part of ct are you (if you dont wanna say exactly just say a general area :) )

09 Spec.B here...

bnr 18g, full fuel upgrades, tmic, ebcs, etc etc... Recently finished up my suspension mods with jdm pink springs. Prior suspension mods consisted of front/rear sways, endlinks, rear reinforcements...

I live next to Ski Sundown in New Hartford.

As for route 8, it's not as cool. OLD route 8 on the other hand is amazing. Like I said though, have your bf come with cash or cc and tell him you're just going for a ride. When you get to the Lee Outlets, you'll thank me.

As stated, anywhere in Litchfield county is great to cruise, but look out for the cops. They are heavy in Litchfield itself. Must be due to the courthouse being there :iam:

I'm a bit spoiled with all the amazing roads around me but I'd recommend all of New Hartford, Barkhamsted, Riverton, Granby, East Granby, and all the way up to Southwick.

the torrington area is usually where we go, around rt 314 its SO gorgeous, we took the back way to get to the big e (courtsey of my mommys intelligent thinking) and we passed mcdermott resivour i want to say is what its called, but it was SO SO pretty, one of my favorite rides ive been on in a while and the day was perfect too all the windows down just crusin! most of the litchfied roads are gorgeous, my bf prefers the dirt roads lol i like the paved ones. we went somewhere in Moodus, by an old "haunted" resort thats no longer open, and we saw this one road and the name of it called to us, i cant put my finger on what the name of the road was but it was a winner! the houses and woods were so old and pretty! we went to torrington yesterdaym stopped at dos amigos and i was quite disappointed!

naugatuck....

I recommend cruising just about anywhere in litchfield county (west of torrington). Great open roads... twisties... mmmmmmm... :)

purdy this time of year too!

Granby area is beautiful been around there too! very very nice roads we like the old roads, less traffic more stuff to see were curious about all the old abandonded places we see. and since its that time of the year we sometimes investigate depending on how safe i think it is :p surprisingly we havent seen many cops lurking anywhere in that area but were very respectful and keep ourselves unnoticed lol. i just had a run in with a trooper on the taconic. he claims to have gotten me going 71 in a 55 which is bs cause the new yorker in front of me and the one that was on my @$$ were definitely going faster, i had my foot on the break before he even clocked "me". and im pretty sure why i got the ticket is because i was out of state. discriminating butt heads!!!:mad:

I live next to Ski Sundown in New Hartford.

As for route 8, it's not as cool. OLD route 8 on the other hand is amazing. Like I said though, have your bf come with cash or cc and tell him you're just going for a ride. When you get to the Lee Outlets, you'll thank me.

As stated, anywhere in Litchfield county is great to cruise, but look out for the cops. They are heavy in Litchfield itself. Must be due to the courthouse being there :iam:

I'm a bit spoiled with all the amazing roads around me but I'd recommend all of New Hartford, Barkhamsted, Riverton, Granby, East Granby, and all the way up to Southwick.

Archived