LegacyGT.com

Anyone's new Legacy not have belly pan?

Hi gang. New member here. I have a question that maybe some can shed some light on. Did Subaru get rid of the splash guard or belly pan below the engine? Granted, I haven't put the car on ramps yet, but from looking underneath from the front, can't see anything remotely close to a belly pan. After reading here, and in the owners manual that came with my 06 Special Edition, I was looking for the location of the drain plug and the trap door for oil filter access, and I simply don't find anything. Any thoughts?

If you look at the SSi thread on here for the aluminum pan, they actually show a detail breakdown schematic of the underside of the legacy showing part numbers... for us 2.5i NA model owners... its just two small plastic pieces in the front right and left corners.:icon_sad: You could probably get your dealer to order you the aero pan from an LGT and put it on... of course there is also the popular SSi aluminum skid plate... it looks really good. 1/8th inch thick brushed aluminum, 20lbs aprox. weight

I'm researching the skid plate/aero pan for my own 05' Legacy 2.5i.. I will probably go with the factory GT plastic pan vs the aluminum pan simply because of the weight... Of course I don't rallye my car, I'm not driving offroad on stone strewn paths, and I don't do highspeed speed bump crossings... I live on the beach in Florida I drive my sube in rain and in the sand. :cool:

Lucky guy. POS plastic crap.

Yeah, I have the beach out my back door about 75yds to the water and the bay/river across the street behind some houses. We live on an Island on the east coast about an hour from Orlando....:icon_mrgr

Probably not going to feel lucky if this place gets spanked by hurricanes, like it has over the last two years.:(

Archived