LegacyGT.com

2.5GT Non-Ltd. in Atlantic Blue Pearl at Irvine Subaru

axis008

Hey, just got back from a quick stop at Irvine Subaru to check out the Legacy with my dad. Looked at a non-Limited 2.5GT in automatic. First thing: WOW Atlantic Blue Pearl is BEAUTIFUL!!!!! It's kinda like the chameleon paint but not as crazy, but man I like that color. I'll still be getting a white one though. Some things about the car, I mentioned in another thread that the non-Limited [u]does[/u] get the dual climate control. The doors on the car feel pretty solid. More so than my '97 Chrysler Town & Country LXi van, but not as solid as my dad's '95 Mercedes S320 (that thing is a boat). The little console thingy on top feels pretty cool when you open and close it. Also, the cloth interior looks a lot better in person than the pictures. I was disappointed by the pictures but in person it looks really cool! Anyways, I didn't take any pictures but I will try to get some next week when I stop by after they get shipments of the 5-speed. Ben
-ben

>axis008 I was there today, too(well, actually yesterday now). Maybe I've seen you there:) Anyways, they have one Garnet Red GT Ltd wagon 5MT. I test drove it today, and I just loved it. I've pretty much decided to order one now (5MT GT sedan). It's now just matter of who can give me the best deal.. And yeah, Atlantic Blue was indeed beautiful. I didn't care for the color too much when I was looking at photos, but it did look much better in person.

About the S320: yeah, it's very slow and underpowered, but man I feel like such a baller driving that car. It's awesome. I love it. That car is also unbelievably spacious. Anyways, some other tiny things about the car I sat in a few hours ago: the little thing behind the seat to hold magazines and such: it's only on the front passenger seat, not the driver's. Don't know why. Also, the trunk, on top of the spare tire there is a tray where you can put some small items. The sound system isn't that bad either. I didn't get to blast it but when I check it out again I will see. Also, the seats are supportive I would imagine, but I was expecting like really supportive seats. I am a pretty small guy though, so that must be why. I'm used to my roommate's Porsche 944, which has crazy ass bucket seats that hold you through the corners.
-ben

I heard South Coast Subaru. But this is based on opinions at NASIOC. I was treated very well at Irvine Subaru though, but I didn't get pricing on the car, because I was only there for like half an hour.
-ben

[quote name='axis008']I heard South Coast Subaru. But this is based on opinions at NASIOC. I was treated very well at Irvine Subaru though, but I didn't get pricing on the car, because I was only there for like half an hour.[/quote] Encouraging to hear that they treated you well at Irvine Subaru. I will have to drop by there soon and take a look. In my past dealings at various dealerships, sales people lose interest as soon as you tell them you are not ready to buy today. After that, they don't even want to let you sit in the car, or give you a brochure, or answer a few questions.

Actually I told the guy that I wasn't planning on buying the car today. He basically told me that he'd still be interested regardless of when I buy it because a sale is a sale and he needs to put food on the dinner table at home. Haha. The salesperson that approached me was Tom Fukuanaga. Very nice man. If you want to email him it's [email]tom@irvinesubaru.com[/email]
-ben

You guys are lucky that you got to drive the red GT wagon w/ the 5 speed. I was there later that evening and I was it sitting in the service department with a busted up front axel. Apperantly someone was taking a left turn too fast and understeered into the curb. The driver will pay for the damages and the car will be sold as used. Someone will get a sweet deal on that car. The saleman that I spoke to, Chuck, said that the next 5 speed won't be around till nearly a month later. Sucks. Will

Wow... I didn't get to drive anything, but I would have to say that that's the first accident to occur? Or maybe not. Anyways, Tom told me that they would be in like next week. But we'll see. I'll email him or something.
-ben

That would be awsome if there is a 5 speed in about a week. It seems like I've been waiting forever to drive one. I might need to call Renick. Someone called me to tell me that they had one there a wile ago but I was out of town. I don't know if it still there though.

[quote name='ocwill']You guys are lucky that you got to drive the red GT wagon w/ the 5 speed. I was there later that evening and I was it sitting in the service department with a busted up front axel. Apperantly someone was taking a left turn too fast and understeered into the curb. The driver will pay for the damages and the car will be sold as used. Someone will get a sweet deal on that car. The saleman that I spoke to, Chuck, said that the next 5 speed won't be around till nearly a month later. Sucks. Will[/quote] That's pretty dumb of the guy to pay for it, because he legally doesn't have to. The dealership has insurance which pays for it.

[quote name='7stars'][quote name='ocwill']You guys are lucky that you got to drive the red GT wagon w/ the 5 speed. I was there later that evening and I was it sitting in the service department with a busted up front axel. Apperantly someone was taking a left turn too fast and understeered into the curb. The driver will pay for the damages and the car will be sold as used. Someone will get a sweet deal on that car. The saleman that I spoke to, Chuck, said that the next 5 speed won't be around till nearly a month later. Sucks. Will[/quote] That's pretty dumb of the guy to pay for it, because he legally doesn't have to. The dealership has insurance which pays for it.[/quote] Doesn't that technically mean that we could all go to dealerships and beat the shit out of all the cars?
-ben

[quote name='7stars'][quote name='ocwill']You guys are lucky that you got to drive the red GT wagon w/ the 5 speed. I was there later that evening and I was it sitting in the service department with a busted up front axel. Apperantly someone was taking a left turn too fast and understeered into the curb. The driver will pay for the damages and the car will be sold as used. Someone will get a sweet deal on that car. The saleman that I spoke to, Chuck, said that the next 5 speed won't be around till nearly a month later. Sucks. Will[/quote] That's pretty dumb of the guy to pay for it, because he legally doesn't have to. The dealership has insurance which pays for it.[/quote] I'd say that it's called responsibility. If someone messes up, it is their responsibility to make things right. Sounds like a stand up guy to me. And might I add that when a car understeers, it goes straight. If you are taking a left turn too rapidly and run into the curb, it sounds like the driver wasn't prepared for the quickness of the GT's steering rack, and over-steered (as diffrentiated from oversteer, a handling condition). Kevin

bemani is right. The damage was on the right front corner. the wheel was really bent (like 45 degrees positive camber). He understeered (went staight into the curb) He was going to fast for the turn. He probably did turn the steering wheel too much. Too much slip angle, not enough traction. The salesman, Chuck, said that he told the driver to continue going staight towards the dealership and the guy decided to make a left turn because he wasn't done "testing" the car yet. Chuck was also telling him to slow down. It seems to me that the driver had his own agenda and didn't care what suggestions were being given to him.

Archived