LegacyGT.com

Dealer screwing me over on an '08?

Went in there today to get my price for the '08 Legacy 2.5GT and it was quite sickening. My dealer told me that my walk out the door price is $35,770.90, and this is knowing the guy. I am at a loss of words. Please share some advice as to what I should do in this situation. Oh and the Legacy was fully loaded. Anyone else buy an '08 so far?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Went in there today to get my price for the '08 Legacy 2.5GT and it was quite sickening. My dealer told me that my walk out the door price is $35,770.90, and this is knowing the guy. I am at a loss of words. Please share some advice as to what I should do in this situation. Oh and the Legacy was fully loaded. Anyone else buy an '08 so far?

THat must be including state sales tax, delivery, reg, etc., no? Otherwise, that's nuts!

________________________________________________ [URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1980"]'05 BSM OBXT Row-your-own, W.I.P. :rolleyes:[/URL] [URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1242"]'06 Shrek B # 64 - The car the wife loved to hate :( Sold...[/URL]

THat must be including state sales tax, delivery, reg, etc., no? Otherwise, that's nuts!

That is Final price every fee included. My boyfriend got a quote to lease an '07 STI and they gave HIM a quote of $579 per month for a 46 month lease with 12k miles a year. He decided to throw away that offer. The problem with getting quotes from other dealers... is that there are only two dealerships in an hour radius of where I live, Palm beach County.

I have found it easiest to negotiate a deal on the phone. If you've already driven the car and know what you want then there is no reason to go to the dealership.

The salespeople definitely felt more pressure when I would tell them that I have to call someone else to see what their best price was. Very little hassle for me.

Of course, test drive the car before accepting delivery.

I live in FL too...bot an 06 b on b...now have an 06 silver on b....the issue is we liuve in FL....not much room here to move b/c these cars are not as prevalent in the south.....wait until Augustr and you stand a chance at scoring a better deal....
Rehab is for quitters.

so he isnt going under sticker, and the extra cash represents taxes mostly. Thats where the 35K comes form.

I dont see where he misled you unless he originally said you could get it for under sticker before TTL

They didnt say 33K including TTL did they?

When I test drove it, they told me 'Carlos would be able to get the price at 33K OTD'

Hmmmm... what's wrong with the other dealer that's within an hour of you? If you have two, make them play. :D It is also only May of 2007. The deals would be fantastic in about ohhhh... 7 months? :lol: You are going for a model Subaru doesn't even have on their site. :eek::lol:
Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

If you know what car you want dont be afraid to shop all over ... even interstate. In the broad scheme of things its cheaper to go pick up a car or have it delivered than getting reamed by the local dealers.

BTW .. I was serious about the Costco Auto Program. I bought my car from a local dealer and used that Costco price as a starting point ... I was ahead thousands before the negotiations even began.

Watch the rates on the lease ... they will take you to town if you let them.

For reference .... my lease is 48 months 20k/year $0 down for $408/month

Good luck .... play hardball .... dont be in a hurry

Definitely. Your best weapon is "Thanks, I'll let you know" and walk out. Unless he has someone else thats hot for the car, he'll call you with a better offer. Also, search the internet, bigger dealers in bigger cities are often more willing to deal and you can travel quite a way to pick it up if you save significantly. Remember, he is paying Subaru to have the car on his lot, so time is on your side. And if you find a better deal elsewhere, he may be willing to match it. Good luck, be patient!
You're just jealous that the Voices talk to Me. :cool:

I bought mine from over 7 hours away. I paid 22,000 for a brand new 05 lgt 5mt Wagon GRP. I talked to every dealer within a days drive, that had a 5mt wagon, and took my time.

Tell them hell no, and email or call a bunch of other dealers. Road trips are fun.

Walk ins prices will always be higher than if you contact the internet sales manager. Just request a quote from the dealer website. Then just bounce offers back and forth between dealers until you get what you want. You can usually get below invoice through internet sales. While walk ins will always be above invoice.

Pick up this 07 Spec B........my guess is you could have it delivered to your doorstep including taxes for under 34K

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Subaru-Legacy-GT-Spec-B-Subaru-Legacy-2-5GT-SPEC-B_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ31869QQihZ001QQitemZ110125807691QQrdZ1

I purchased mine in Texas & had it shipped.....

Maybe even less on this Dallas car.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Subaru-Legacy-Spec-B-D7L063-NEW-2007-Spec-B-w-Nav-XM-radio_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ31869QQihZ010QQitemZ200108012654QQrdZ1

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

Archived