LegacyGT.com

SRVD Disabled

Got this message when I started my car today. Talked to the Subaru Service Dept. They had no idea what SRVD even was. He said, "If its a 2015, we don't know anything about it." Then Proceeded to tell me if I was facing the sun, thats why it was disabled.

IMAG3896.thumb.jpg.260a8943be78065c580d246bfb65e99f.jpg

IMAG3898.thumb.jpg.b1d686ddafc368ab3ca7f2a6014a2736.jpg

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Same exact thing happened to me.

Took new car in for state inspec (bought out of home state). After car went in \ up on lift, the SRVD disabled warning came on - just as yours.

After consulting manual, it was because the radar sensors were blocked for an extended period of time (in the shop) and were not getting normal readings.

Restarted car, all is fine.

This was 3 weeks ago - no issues since.

Makes sense - radar sensors blocked = glitch.

Hope this helps.

thats not really funny, thats sad the dealer is that out of date

I was a little surprised by his response as well. He should have at least known what SRVD was, and that it wasn't from sunlight interfering with the cameras. To be honest, I wasn't exactly sure what it was when I called, but I've only had the car 2 days.

Guest rayms69
I only had it for 3 wax jobs, the SRVD is when you are in reverse and it beeps at when a car is approaching in either direction right? Im glad my dealer didnt act like that, would have never purchased from them.

Are these eyesight cars with the problems, i dont have it. Im pretty sure SRVD is on all Legacys

SRVD is standard for Limited models and available as in both EyeSight option Packages for Premium models.

• 1 month later...
I hope it's not an issue either BUT, not looking good. Started the car last night after work, cleaned it off (it snowed, which I'm grateful for = practice my drifting) and low and behold when I got back in, SRVD is Disabled appeared. I turned it off and back on to no effect, same issue this morning so off to the dealer next week. BTW I got the same response when I called the dealer: what is SRVD!

• 4 weeks later...

I first noticed SRVD disabled about two months ago, and since then, it has happened about 5 times. This seemed to come up after the weather got cooler, I.E., below freezing, but I had it happen once while the temp was above freezing (but still in the 30s).

...never saw it happen in broad daylight - always after dark, but that may have been just a coincidence. Same remedy - turn the car off and restart.

• 2 months later...

I had this message this morning. It had been raining when I started the car. I turned the car off in just ram as I was going down the road and restarted it and it went away.

I suppose I should call the dealer and let them know just Im case I do run into a problem later. The cars only 3 weeks old. Have any of you had to have this issue repaired yet?

• 2 weeks later...

I currently have it in the shop for this and my entertainment system locking up.. and they can't duplicate the issue.. They don't have much to say other then.. did you press the button to re-enable it?.. I said yea, but it didn't re-enable etc. At least I had them check it out. next time it happends I think I will take a video if I have time and then show it to them... LOL

I had this message this morning. It had been raining when I started the car. I turned the car off in just ram as I was going down the road and restarted it and it went away.

I suppose I should call the dealer and let them know just Im case I do run into a problem later. The cars only 3 weeks old. Have any of you had to have this issue repaired yet?

I think this is just one of those things that happens sporadically, this isn't a mission critical system and it does warn you that its off, every time I have had the light come on (3 times) re-starting the car when I got a chance fixed it.

I bet something is just causing the rear radar sensors to report odd readings.

Makes it obvious why subraru didn't choose to do radar ACC(Adaptive Cruise Control)

Still in the shop 3/27 for the SRVD Disabled issue (intermittant) & my entertainment intermittantly crashing. On 4/6 they told me they are getting a Subaru person comming to there shop to diagnose the issue. At least they were able to replicate the issue with the SRVD.. Unfortunatly they couldn't replicate the issue with Entertainment issue

Archived