LegacyGT.com

motor swap info please....

Seriously, if you have BOTH cars at your disposal, it's going to be quite a bit of work. Think:

Engine

Transmission

Wiring harness

computer

to name a few.

You might as well take EVERYTHING from under the hood on the LGT and swap it out.

Oh, and I don't think this has ever actually been done, either.

Good luck!

Hi barnetto, your question has been asked before a few times so people will respond with... well what you see above. :)

If your question is serious, you're in for a ton of work and I believe the general consensus is that you would only come out on top if you have a massive time budget and your labor cost is virtually zero. Unless your current engine is toast there is practically no reason to do this.

Hell, if you're really determined to do an engine swap, may as well get greedy and skip the EJ255. Instead, try to hire this guy: http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=140053

my buddy did an STI swap into his WRX, he said it was pretty straight forward, he had no problems and its been 2 years and he drives 30,000 miles a year. it takes time and a large amount of knowledge, i say go for it, why the heck not.

sti swap into a wrx .. ? its the same thing ! was turbo car .. is now another turbo car ! plug the engin harness in and reprogram the computer..

2.5i to gt is a lil more .. the computer programing of the the subarus ecu's doesn't realy support the abllity to do that kind of change .. maybe some people can do it but its very time consuming.

there are a few lgt's in montreal for 8900$ now.. and you get the bigger brakes and better suspention i'm sure you can get 5 k for your 2.5I at least ..

Now that's thinking out of the boxer!:lol:

fyi all 05 + legacy's have built in code reader

my buddy did an STI swap into his WRX, he said it was pretty straight forward, he had no problems and its been 2 years and he drives 30,000 miles a year. it takes time and a large amount of knowledge, i say go for it, why the heck not.

can't tell if troll...:confused:

Archived