LegacyGT.com

2.5i Exhaust Question

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, you will get a ton of different opinions from everyone here, personally I have just the Perrin axleback right now, and it has a deep tone to it. It has a bit of drone when you let off the gas, but its not unbearably loud. Surprisingly, under WOT, you don't even hear it in gears 3-5. I've been meaning to get a good video or sound clip up, but it doesn't sound that great on my digital camera. I just noticed a ton of axlebacks available in the member classfieds recently. I believe the xo2 and greddy exhausts have a good reputation also.

Yeah I've been looking on youtube and stuff but most of those are GTs so I am wondering if its a whole lot different... like I know magnaflows change tones a bit between GT and ours.

thanks Pawlwawl06 I'll look in the classifieds and stuff.

Ohh there are leggy 2.5i exhausts on youtube. There are a few for the Perrin actually. One for the magnaflows with the borla headers. Our fellow user Nsane posted a few videos of his exhaust(forget which ones he has). Just search for legacy 2.5i and you will get results. I'd help you out with some links but youtube is blocked here at work :rolleyes:

did someone say my name?

:lol:;)

anyway, here's the exhaust clips I have. they're the AVO axle-back, can be bought from Rallitek.com.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsQ6YpXD0iQ]YouTube- 2007 Legacy 2.5i - AVO axle-back drive by[/ame]

click the See More Videos from AmuseS2000 for an in-car clip.

Magnaflows (I have 14827's) without a resonator will yield a pretty deep sound but they will also drone.

Sounds great but the drone was too much so I put the resonator back in...

Yeah that is the main complaint with the MagnaFlow Turbo or Non turbo with UELs thats why I have a nice Magna Flow resonator :rolleyes:

Are the AVO 2.5i or GT specific, i.e. will it bolt on to either car, and will it fit the wagon?

2.5i and LGT are the same axleback wise and the wagon requires that the tips be extended just a tad bit or you extend the flanged connections or jsut turn the tips downward.

What about the OB? Is it different than the legacy wagon?

The legacy Outback fits the same axleback there is a user on this forum that put a Magnaflow ( i think ) on his OB and turned the tips down.

Mweiner the forum member has a exhaust on his OB as well

What about the OB? Is it different than the legacy wagon?

For '05-'09 - Yes, but not enough to worry about.

What I mean is that the OB has no notches in the bumper, and the Legacy wagon does.

You can bolt into the OB any axelback that will fit the Legacy, but you may need to substitute longer rubber or poly hangers.

Mine are from an '05 LGT sedan:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25873&highlight=%22lgt+stuff+installed%22

06LOB2.5i MT, JDMRSB, GYTTs, HPS, LGT Mufflers & Leather Wheel, SubiMomo Knob, Inalfa Moonroof, Clutch Switch Bypass, DeDRLd, DeChimed, & Straight Headrest.

i think he is saying that because you will still have EL headers, it won't sound as good. I'll agree that UEL sounds better than EL, but its your car! I have EL headers and exhaust right now, the sound is ok, I'll be much happier when I can swap in my UELs that are sitting in the closet.

Archived