LegacyGT.com

StockRide height mearsurement needed

Taxdude

So I'm walking up to my car last night and I notice that it is leaning a little to the left while parked on a level surface. Walk around and no flat tire, pressure is spot on and nothing appears to be wrong and it drives fine. Once home i measured from the top of the arch of the rear wheel opening to the ground and the drivers side is 26" and the passenger side is 26.75"(The car is bone stock). Has anyone else had this problem?

So could anyone with a stock set-up take the same measurements and let me know what you get.

thx

• 6 years later...

Well, I had this problem for the past 5 years too, and during this time i wanted to fix the damn thing somehow, but i never bothered to take measurements of the strut towers in the front. Last week when i did dump the bilstein hd's and installed the konis i measured the towers, the the one on the front right is shorter by about 3/8" than the one on the left. That is from the top plate, to the edges of the notches for the drive axles.

On the engine bay side, from the frame rails to the edge of the strut towers the distances are the same. It seems to me that there is a problem with the upper side of the strut towers only.

Sorry to rescue such an old thread, but i figured i would post my findings.

i was thinking about adding 2 1/8" washers on the driver's side (this works for non-bilstein struts and the regular top hats)between the spring perch and top hat mount and removing the conical washer and adding 1 1/8" washer to the passenger side thus lowering it for about 1/8". That should even out the front end

this is bothering me too!

just a thought. can it be because of the sway bars? maybe premature wear? i noticed this issue more and more as it ages.

i remember when i did suspension work on my dads forester a while back, i forgot to connect the endlinks to the one side of the car, and it leaned to one side because of that.

is it possible that the endlinks/sway bar mounts/etc could have worn to cause lean to one side?

i do notice that i have more body roll then i once did. time to upgrade still on the stock hardware :(.

Archived