LegacyGT.com

Wheel sensor question

05legacygtturbo

Hey all I know this is a noob question. I just bought my rims and tires yesterday. Payed in full,but the tire guy said I need to check if the sensors are on the rim? Can anyone help please? He also stated that if the sensors were on the rims its 60.00 a rim to have switched over?

Well then it's a good thing you don't have them.

It's pretty easy to swap them over, from what I hear.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

$60 per wheel is $240 for the set, and it's steep no matter what's included. To do a "swap", you'd have to unmount the tires from the original wheels, take off the sensors, put them on the new wheels before the new tires are mounted and then mount and balance the new tires.

If the new set had its tires on, they'd have to come off so the sensors could go on. So unmounting eight tires, then swapping sensors, then re-mounting the new tires and balancing could add up. But $240? Time to find another tire place.

And rejoice in your '05 with no TPMS. All-in-all, it's a royal PITA (and I say this despite the fact that it actually worked for us when we picked up a screw in a tire). HPH

Archived