LegacyGT.com

Would you guess what happened to me today?

MooKz

Well now, as some of you know, I just put on a brand new set of wheels and tires and dropped the car more. Weeeeeeell, my rears have worn down, and it's only been 1200 miles and one flattened and the other one is on it's way out the door... The tires are bald the whole way across the width of the tire, not just the main contact point of the tire from the camber.

The wheels are 18x9.5 +34 and so I did have the tires and pull a good bit of camber for them to fit. I maxed out my whiteline camber bushings in the rear to fit them to be exact. Would getting a 4-wheel adjustment help me without messing with my rear camber? I've been getting told my rear wheels look like they're a little wobbly while driving.

Let me know some opinions. There's a mega meet coming up on Sunday so I need to get the tires and might as well get the alignment as well.

Sorry about the situation.

I almost felt like it was April 1, and you were trying to see who is sleeping.

How did you get enough negative camber to get the wheels in? Was it a "DIY" or did the shop do it? If it was the shop, they should have done the camber adjustment while doing a proper 4-wheel alignment.

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

I did the camber myself. I haven't gotten around to getting it aligned by a shop yet. I got the camber bushings so I could pull camber myself. But my friends say my wheels look like they wobble from side to side and I feel like it could just be my wheel bearings since I haven't replaced them in the life of the car so maybe they're finally going bad. I hear the "hobble" noise from the back wheels even before the wheels so I think they may be taking a crap so they allow the wheel to travel back and forth from each side of the face of the wheel to the other, if you know what I mean.

But I am replacing the bearings ASAP also. As far as alignment, is there anything that they're going to adjust that wont affect the camber? I didn't figure there would be. I'm not sure.

I did the camber myself. I haven't gotten around to getting it aligned by a shop yet. I got the camber bushings so I could pull camber myself. But my friends say my wheels look like they wobble from side to side and I feel like it could just be my wheel bearings since I haven't replaced them in the life of the car so maybe they're finally going bad. I hear the "hobble" noise from the back wheels even before the wheels so I think they may be taking a crap so they allow the wheel to travel back and forth from each side of the face of the wheel to the other, if you know what I mean.

But I am replacing the bearings ASAP also. As far as alignment, is there anything that they're going to adjust that wont affect the camber? I didn't figure there would be. I'm not sure.

if you got an 05 take it to the dealer and have them see if you quilify for the wheel bearing replacement up to 100k miles

StageIII Cryotune-Kinugawa STS TD06H-20GTX 9 blade turbine, ID1000, DW65c, 73mm MegaMAF , GS EWG up-pipe, Downpipe and EBCS, FMS FMIC, TGV Delete, Brembo swap

Car has 120k. That's out of the question. :lol: I figured that.

It is an 05 which is why I guessed that the rear wheel bearings might be a partial cause since they make the hobble noise as it is. That annoying noise. Haha.

if i could afford it i would too!

I'm going to buy some wheel bearings tomorrow and replace them and go back to my stock wheels until my new tires come in.. Damn it Subaru! Why did you have to bless the legacy with a bad wheel bearing problem?

did you torque the lug nuts to spec? you know with a torque wrench

and your tire wear problem is not from the camber its from the toe wear which was not adjusted. get an alignment to fix the toe and they can match the rear camber angles (so its even and not like -3 & -2 degrees:lol:)

5eat downshift rev match:):wub:

Powder coated wheels: completed:)

did you torque the lug nuts to spec? you know with a torque wrench

and your tire wear problem is not from the camber its from the toe wear which was not adjusted. get an alignment to fix the toe and they can match the rear camber angles (so its even and not like -3 & -2 degrees:lol:)

Sounds like a plan! I'll be doing that and I just ordered my wheel bearings. So once those and my new tires come in, I'll get it aligned. :spin:

How'd ya guess? :lol:

It was funny because I heard air sneaking out and I was really confused and then all the sudden, the car sinks down. I'm glad it didn't damage the rim though. I'd have been pissed.

just keep in mind, shitstoen are VERY weak wheels...

They're doing well so far and I've hit MANY cliffs.... I mean potholes. I'm a Jedi with avoiding potholes now though. :lol:

If one breaks, at least it's not as expensive to replace as opposed to the real version that cost like 900 for one.

Archived