LegacyGT.com

LI Garages/Mechanics

djjuice

Just crossed 52K miles, and I'm thinking it's about time for the front brake pads to go. I want to go with Hawk HPS or maybe Bobcats, but I'm an ignorant noob on brake installs, so I'm looking for a garage/mechanic to do the install, turn the rotors, etc. Anyone know of such a place on Long Island? Suffolk, Nassau, whatever. I'm thinking of posting on LISC too perhaps.

Also, before everyone chimes in with MSPT, let me just say that sadly I didn't have a good experience with the daytime dealership service dept. See:

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67290

Thanks in advance, gang.

I also had a sour experience with MSPT unfortunately. I recommend North Coast as well, they were perfect. I had some work done as well at Port Lincoln/Subaru and they also did a good job.

Thanks to all for your replies. I had my 30K service done at North Coast - no issues to report, although they didn't follow the Suby guideline for what to do at 30K exactly. I did the coolant flush/fill on my own.

I bought my car and had a couple oil changes (just over 7000 miles not) at Riverhead Bay Subaru. Service was good and quick in and out in less than a hour both times. Anyone else have any experience with them? Anybody know of any shops on LI that work with Cobb?

shoot!

i was gonna go to dave from metric for a road tune after my up/dp/cbe install....

guess i should find another one...

just because people give Metric a poor review, doesnt mean that Dave will treat you badly.

When someone getupset with the service department, it doesnt mean MSPT has gone down hill. Metric is still a normal Sales and Service shop that you would get any where else but the plus side is having Dave their to be doing the modification work and tuning

if there was a problem with the metric svc dept please email me -- as you know at times the svc dept will not tell me there was a problem and i dont know untill i read a thread where a customer was not happy,

thanks

dave

dave, pm sent

if there was a problem with the metric svc dept please email me -- as you know at times the svc dept will not tell me there was a problem and i dont know untill i read a thread where a customer was not happy,

thanks

dave

Unfortunately Metric has gone down hill. They left grease all over the tan leather last time the LGT was in for service.:mad:

and did you bring it to Richie's attention. things happen, but no way Richie or Dave would've let your car leave that way.

I wasn't in the car with Dave Brown at the time. Laptop was running shotgun.

I have EcuTeK not AP but tuning is tuning. It's the tuner not the software that gets results.

I have Mad Dad UEL headers, Perrin TMIC, Crucial racing DP w/ HFC.

You're welcome.

I wasn't in the car with Dave Brown at the time. Laptop was running shotgun.

I have EcuTeK not AP but tuning is tuning. It's the tuner not the software that gets results.

I have Mad Dad UEL headers, Perrin TMIC, Crucial racing DP w/ HFC.

You're welcome.

what were your thoughts after the road tune?

impressive? or just eh, a little better.

and did you bring it to Richie's attention. things happen, but no way Richie or Dave would've let your car leave that way.

Yes. Richie and Dave are the main reason we go there for service. Richie did offer to clean the seats but admitted that to do it properly it should be sent for detailing. My wife is a bit of a looney so she won't let anyone detail her car :rolleyes: so she decided to clean it herself.

IMHO Metrics biggest problem is that Subarus are just too damn popular these days so the service department is just a bit too busy. I still would recommend them over any other dealer, however.

Archived