LegacyGT.com

Help with Rear Bilstein Noise

GTkansan

So my rear Spec B bilstein that I swapped onto my 05 LGT a few years ago has started to make a weird 'rubber compressing' noise whenever there is some suspension travel. It happens in sharp corners, and over bumps and things like that.

The dealer of course wants to replace everything under the sun 'to be sure' or whatever. I doubt the top hat can ever make sure a noise, so I should be fine just buying a new set of rear dampers and swapping them in right? Anyone have an alternate opinion?

Also... Im thinking of going with Bilstein HD's in the rear as they should be a bit stiffer as well, any problems with them mixed with the front Stock Spec B struts?

About 30k on the rears. This is what the dealer says is the problem. Which of course makes me suspicious.... But the noise is very suspension travel dependent. Over small bumps there is no noise, but on longer suspension compressions the noise comes in.

I have the same bilstein's and my driver side rear was making a rattle/clunk when going over bumps or transitioning from a driveway to street. Took the assembly off and it turned out it was a loose top hat and after tightening there's no more rattles.

Might want to look at that before you buy some new rear struts.

Archived