LegacyGT.com

Wideband Question

BarManBean

The innovate lm1 or lm2 are the simplest (and portable) ones.

Sensor runs from bung to a control box that is about 8"x4" that is powered via a plug that plugs into lighter, control box has the output that runs to you laptop.

The other wbo2s I believe have some wiring involved..but are much more discreet.

I have my lm1 in my glovebox powered by the cigarette lighter in the center armrest (all wires hidden). Been working fine for about 4 years now.

My AEM UEGO is the boss. it's easy to wire and has a signal cable and all you do is get an rsr232 serial plug from radioshack and plug the wire into it, with a ground, and romraider will integrate the signal.

I got the LC1 and its not bad. I am always scared about wiring but it was not that bad. has two auxillary outputs that you can connect into your laptop and it comes with the software. Alot of people have disliked the LC1 but i have yet to have a problem with it.

• Moderators
Someplace in mannassas--highflow customs or something...? Talked to the owner and he seems like he knows what's goin on, gonna try to stop by next week during the day. The place near Baltimore is just a bit too far away.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

• Moderators
i had an lc-1 on my wrx worked very well my friend had an issue tuning with some AEM UEGO's not sure what specifically

Well, will have to see since it's what i got now :)

I have ZERO idea on how I'm going to install this thing though...ugh.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

LC1's suck to calibrate if you dont wire in the calibration LED. It flashes different ways to ensure you are calibrating correctly and that it is complete. Recalibrating isnt that tough though and takes 3 minutes. Ive done well over 3000K miles on mine and it reads spot on every start up.

The PLX system has been great so far. Definitely a quality unit. I am using it in conjunction with the vbg1 gauge and it connects using a direct digital signal. I can also run the cable to my laptop to datalog with romraider.

I'm going to buy the Zeitronix zt-2 setup with the black box logger (ability to log to SD card w/o laptop) when I finally buy one. I would have gone with the LM-2 but after reading a bit of mixed reviews on it I looked around some more. I was looking to be able to use it for my motorcycles as well so I didn't want to NEED a laptop to log. It seems to be well thought of AND it is compatible with RomRaider directly, so it fits everything I want for ~$400.

-Steve

Archived