LegacyGT.com

Advice needed on easy mods

Ok ... so I've been doing some forun reading and I am going to install an auto tranny oil cooler on my 06 wagon. Going with a Tru Cool 4451 or 4452. Question is which one? I live in hilly/mountain terrain, do not tow anything, seldom more than one passenger, but i do haul my bass guitar rig to shows. Is the smaller cooler enough or should i go with the larger of the two?

The only major mods I might do later are Catless UP and CBE.

Discuss.

There basically is no difference.. nor a most popular one. I would say, half run the TruCool, the other half run the Hayes (or Haynes or whatever it is).. those two seem to be the most popular ones... as far as model number... same thing.. you got about 4 choices and can't seem to go wrong with either one.

Just get the 4454 and call it a day. it takes 30 minutes to install if you're not sure about what you're doing. If you are familiar then it takes 10 minutes and fits perfectly.

I've got a 4454 and like they said, its an easy install. The hardest part is deciding whether to mount it on the passenger or driver's side. The 4454 will "block" almost half of the radiator and pretty much only fits one way. I haven't seen one of the smaller models to know if it can mount differently.

To save you some time and potential hassle, the outlet tube (the one you want to reroute) is the one on the passenger side of the radiator.

It's cool; I'm with the band

Archived