LegacyGT.com

Official 3.6R Mod List

well look at that... I thought ECS had to get use different injectors. Did ECS bring anything else to the table besides the install and tune? Does that kit really include everything needed?

I wish Raptor would throw these in for free with the kit lol

http://www.raptorsc.com.au/subaru10.html

Edited by Tidal

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The first one is for JDM Legacy, so would need JDM grille and bumper as well since the shape along the hood/grille interface is different than USDM.

The second is for 06-07 Impreza WRX based on the shape along the front for when Subaru was mimicking the Tribeca blob grille on the Impreza.

well look at that... I thought ECS had to get use different injectors. Did ECS bring anything else to the table besides the install and tune? Does that kit really include everything needed?

I wish Raptor would throw these in for free with the kit lol

http://www.raptorsc.com.au/subaru10.html

ECS hooked me up with injectors and also supplied the .28 gap iridium spark plugs I needed . everything else was supplied by raptor .

ECS hooked me up with injectors and also supplied the .28 gap iridium spark plugs I needed . everything else was supplied by raptor .

I was going to ask about that as the plugs as the GT ones are gapped narrower. Any need for a colder plug since your compression is so high?

Thanks for the info but Raptor says on the website that the kit comes with injectors. Did they add that after your field test or was the ones they supplied not enough? :D

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

Thanks for the info but Raptor says on the website that the kit comes with injectors. Did they add that after your field test or was the ones they supplied not enough? :D

Raptor does indeed supply injectors with the kit, however a customer can source their own and the kit becomes cheaper to buy

565cc injector is in Ital Leg car I believe - 07 STI injector

Raptor does indeed supply injectors with the kit, however a customer can source their own and the kit becomes cheaper to buy

565cc injector is in Ital Leg car I believe - 07 STI injector

The 07 STi was a unicorn year. They switched to top feed injectors (finally) which used 550.67cc injectors, same as the 07 WRX, FXT, OBXT, and LGT. Also the only year of the vf-43 turbo. 08+ use 562.45cc injectors (565's). Sorry to be pedantic, but 07 used 550.67cc, not the newer 562.45 (565's). Not trying to argue, but that's what they used.

The exception being other market's (EDM, JDM, etc) MY07 is the same as the USDM MY08, in which case it would have the "565's"

We are typically a year behind in updates. I just noticed you're in AU, which means we might be talking about the same car, just different model years because of the different markets. So it would be an 08 STi injectors in the states, not 07.

Edited by McDowell Performance Tuning

MSPT

Its the CC rating that I think I recall from Paul at ECS, just precisely what year I cant be as certain. I am fine with your point

The Raptor SC EZ36 kit will be offered with 600cc from this day forth :). We have a great price on these and they would give a bit of head room for those wanting to use E85 fuels

Actually half right. WRX/FXT/OBX etc dark blue top feeds are scaled at 550.67cc in the ECU BUT they are the same injector as the 08+STi. I know FHI's tuner in Japan as a few Aussie guys know I do a bit of contract work for FHI and that is why the AF#1 learning is typical -5% in stock form. Once he explained his reasoning it made a lot of sense.

Throttlehappy, thanks mate!

I don't know if you want to install that. I read somewhere that it doesn't really make power and the stock intake is an optimized design :p

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek