LegacyGT.com

Help please - how to change fuel injectors

I am getting a P0302 on my car. I used some fuel injector cleaner and it helped for a little while, but doesn't seem to be helping any more. I want to swap my #2 injector with another. I have been searching for a how to on this but I haven't found on yet. Can someone point in the right direction?

Thanks

My other car is a 1993 Chevy S-10 Tahoe! (Currently being driven to failure by my nephew)

Take the car to someone who knows what they are doing, or find someone who knows what they are doing to help you.
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

That would help!

The directions in the manual don't sound too hard, though I have never messed with a fuel system before and I don't have new o-rings on hand as recommended :)

My other car is a 1993 Chevy S-10 Tahoe! (Currently being driven to failure by my nephew)

I'm not sure if there is much difference between the 05s and 09s. But for when I put new injectors in I did the following to relieve the pressure in the fuel system: Unplug the fuel pump fuse. Take your gas cap off. Turn your car on and let it run until it stops. Then turn the key a couple more times and you should be good to go.

You'll still have minimal amounts of fuel to deal with when you remove the injectors so have something on hand to soak up the fuel.

Thank you for the info!

So do these suckers just pull straight out after you remove the torx screw?

I'm not sure, I don't think mine had a torx screw, I don't honestly remember the exact process. It was really straight forward though, no manual required. Again ours might be different because you have an 05. Mine came out very easily though from what I do remember, it didn't take much effort.

Injectors swapped. Test run complete. No visible leaks or gas smell.

Those things were a pain to get back in though. Tried to lube the O rings with gas, that didn't work, so I used old fashioned spit?

Wish me luck!

• 8 months later...

Funny you should ask - I got a P0304 just last week :(

Looks like I need to replace it. Not sure if I can replace just one or if I need to get four of them.

• 8 months later...
I would not use spit to lube an injector O-ring. May cause corrosion in the bore. Fuel is always your best bet here. Sounds like you may have isolated your problem; have you tried an Injector Balance Test? As far as injectors, you can certainly replace just one but I always recommend replacing them all at once. Diesel also works as a lubricant for O-rings. Just not too much, it is much slicker than gasoline

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived