LegacyGT.com

Is it look nice on a LGT ?

kaho8930

I actually don't think those look bad at all. The listing says the offset is +45, which is just fine for a 7.5" wheel and stock brakes, but yeah, the lip on the wheel isn't going to be nearly as fat as the one in the picture. Not sure about clearing the Brembos, but I don't see why a +45 18" wheel wouldn't. Please check the Xenonk 'sticky' for all the wheel and tire sizing info you'll ever need:

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4426

Seek first to understand, then to be understood.

In other words: SEARCH before you post!

Ed in on the blunt comment that registers most of our opinions...

I, for one, would mount these if they were actually the original Volk design... but not a cheapO knock off.

If they were the OG Volk rim, we'd all be changing our underwear.... but because they are not, we want nothing to do with them.

(Makes me think of the recent Rota Cult thread.... but Rota / Subydude have built up a serious following over years of hard work. this Brand has not.)

They'll fit, but the peer pressure could make the ride uncomfortable.

Nothing upsets a non-conformist more than another non-conformist who doesn't conform to the prevailing standard of non-conformity.

To answer 1 of your questions, yes they will clear STi Brembos.

I would not bother with those personaly for a few reasons:

1) They would not suite the car well.

2) I don't like the design at all.

3) They look heavy.

4) They are 18X7.5 and that is a lame size.

Forget looks for a second and look at it from a performance standpoint. What do you know about them other then you like the way they look and that the price is good? to put together a good set of wheels and tires you must look at a few things, weight (wheel and tire combined or sperate), size, intended use, and construction.

The stock wheels and tires are somewhere between 45 and 50lbs. and if you go over that the car will be slower, but if you manage to go under that your car will be faster. This is all depends on how many lbs. over or under the set-up is.

Going to a 18in. even from a 17in. will be noticable in tearms of handling, that will improve dramaticly especialy from the RE92s that came standard on the car. The ride quality does take a turn for the worse but you will adapt to it after a few days driving. 7.5 is only .5in. wider then stock and will not give you much more of a contact patch on the same with tire. Look for an 8in or even an 8.5in (mine are) will give you a better contact patch.

What do you wan out of your set up? Do you want an all season set up, summer only, or winter only? Winter only a thinner tire would be better and a finish that can take the abuse and salt. Summer only doesn't need to follow that and all season would just need the finish part of the winter set-up.

Last but not least construction. There are different ways to make a wheel cast is the most common even though it tends to be the heaviest, cheepest, and is generaly the weakest. Forged is also common as well but tends to to be far more costly, but it generally produces a light and strong rim. there are also other ways such as SemiSolid Forged and Spun, but they share the same properties as forged.

Hope this helps, buying rims can be a big decision with many factors so good luck with shoping around for a good deal on good wheels.

Archived