LegacyGT.com

Radiator leak

I go into walmart and come back out to a coolant leak under the car. Upon further inspection, the supply line to the turbo coolant reservoir right at the top of the passenger side of the radiator had become brittle and the slightest wiggle snapped or should I say fell off. My question is, is there a place I can get a radiator from a vendor that is worth my time. I have monies, but looking at prices they are $350 for all aluminium and roughly $200. Is there a place anyone knows of that sells a good radiator with military discount to lower the price?

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Koyo-Cooling-Radiator-Aluminum-Plastic/dp/B0047PXWAE/ref=sr_1_4?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=undefined&vehicle=2005-13-64-151--16-6-6-7454-1737-1-1-2603--007-0&sr=1-4&ymm=2005%3Asubaru%3Alegacy]Amazon.com: Koyo Cooling Radiator Aluminum - Plastic Tank: Automotive[/ame]

Any upgraded radiator is great over stock. But do you really need it? If your car is far from stock I would help keep things cooler. But if mainly stock like miner bolt ons I would just go with a stock one. Like o reily ones or napa. Also so you know the automatic and the manual ones are different radiators so keep that in mine

Is your Outback manual or automatic?

I used this on my manual LGT

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0041TABQE/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1]Amazon.com: TYC 13091 Subaru Impreza 1-Row Plastic Aluminum Replacement Radiator: Automotive[/ame]

It's listed as TYC on Amazon, but came in a Koyo box.

$115 and Amazon prime 2-day shipping.

Upon installing it, I found I have an oil leak coming from the passenger valve cover. One thing after another :p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's fairly minor, but, get used to the idea that the car, much like its driver(s), will always be a work in progress. (that's a good thing!) It's the ironic part of the Legacy namesake.

Smiles per miles out weighs the troubles. That's for sure.

Make that your mantra, and everything will be alright. :)

Just wait til you get to do (and pay for!) an engine swap/rebuild -- that's where the real fun is!

I've been eyeballing TYC 2778 on amazon for $85. It's for auto but should work on manuals, also might be slightly thicker then stock (usually auto radiators are slightly thicker then manual ones).

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000IYR5LK]Amazon.com: TYC 2778 Subaru 1-Row Plastic Aluminum Replacement Radiator: Automotive[/ame]

Upon installing it, I found I have an oil leak coming from the passenger valve cover. One thing after another :p

I just replaced mine, not hard but will take you about an hour at first. Hopefully this post will help you on your replacement.

05 LGT 16G 14psi 290whp/30mpg (SOLD)

12 OBP Stock 130whp/27mpg@87 Oct

00 G20t GT28r 10psi 250whp/36mpg

22 Ascent STOCK

Welcome to the club on that one...lower priority than other things....

Archived