LegacyGT.com

LED Turn Signal Problem

Hey all,

A few weeks ago I purchased 2 rear LED bulbs from another member on the board. I put them in and, not surprisingly, got the hyperflash. I did the research and ordered the correct blinker relay, the CF18-04 from V-LEDs here. I got the relay earlier this week and installed it in place of the OEM Denso flasher relay. The blinker works just fine, but the lock/unlock function doesn't work, and the hazards don't work unless the key is in the ignition and in the accessory position.

I've been busy during the week, so I finally crawled under the dash again today and tried to investigate the issue. I thought it was the flasher relay, but in order to eliminate the thought that it may be a fuse, I plugged the OEM flasher back in, and everything worked just fine aside from the hyperflash.

Now my flasher I got from V-LEDs has the same part number, but the top has a few different markings on it-- it reads:

"12.8V, 85c/m, FOR LED TURN SIGNAL 1.5Wx2+3.4W

HAZARD WARNING 3W MAX 4 BULBS"

What do you guys think? Do I send the relay back because it may be a defective unit? Do I need to get 2 more LEDs for the front blinkers? Or do I just have to deal with it?

That's the entire reason I bought the flasher relay, to get rid of the hyperflash. My signals flash normally, I just want the lock/unlock confirmation and for my 4-way hazards to work without the key in the ignition.

The man said he doesn't want to wire in resistors... Stop beating the zombie horse

The relay is missing some part of the factory circuit that allows the hazards to use battery power.

- this may be vled design.

-call vled and explain your issue.

They don't buy their products, they make them, so at least they will understand how to fix the issue without hacking up the car like a toddler.

I assure you, the relay also has the necessary resistors in it, which is why he has slow flash. It may not have battery power in the circuit, etc.

I just called VLEDs last night and they said they were unaware of any problem with the flasher, although the flasher was not designed for our cars. They offered up a full refund, but when I asked if they make their own flasher, they said no.

I guess I'll be putting in the OEM flasher and then getting some resistor kits from Diode Dynamics or Superbrightleds

I've looked into LED's too, and I was planning on ordering a module from myfastwrx.com

http://www.fastwrx.com/leledexil.html

Worth a try if you still want to go the module route. Don't know where they get there's from though.

At the bottom of the page they say the lock/unlock confirmation may not work. I think I'm just going to save time and extra money and just wire in resistors.

• 4 months later...
I have the Diode Dynamics CF-18 and it works for everything but there is a brief hyperflash on the first blink when arming/disarming. I will be getting the Tap Turn flasher from Auto Window above :D Been reading about it for a while and the features are great and easy to program. Thanks Scott!

Archived