LegacyGT.com

2005 Rear Right Tone Ring Clarification

Hey guys and gals, I need a definitive answer to the following question?

Is the right rear tone ring on my 2005 Legacy GT Wagon Limited attached to the axle assembly or the hub bearing assembly?

I replaced both rear ABS sensors and the code reader says that my right rear sensor still isn't reading a signal so the next step is to replace the tone ring...but...when looking online through Ebay, I contacted a few vendors selling right rear axles and I got a variety of responses from "it doesn't come with a tone ring" to "the tone ring is in the hub not the axle" to "I'm not sure"...so...I need a definitive answer and maybe some links or info to vendors that have axles with tone rings. Thanks.

I believe it is on the Hub assembly as some people have had bad luck getting that code after replacing the hub assembly with an aftermarket unit. I have detroit axle hubs in the rear on my wagon and do not have a code for an ABS sensor.

2005 Vader Wagon

Material Tests on Ringland Failure Piston

I should have held off and purchased a wagon instead of the spec.B

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x40/92Si/DSCN4640.jpg

there's the sensor with the hub removed. so the hub must have the tone ring. Installed Moogs in both my rears no issues.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I have replaced both rear hub assemblies with Detroit Axle units and replaced both rear ABS sensors...but The right rear still throws a code that it's not reading. I actually replaced that right rear sensor twice thinking it might've been the sensor but it's not. I've called several Subaru dealership service departments and they're all saying that the tone ring is part of the axle...so I'm very confused at this point.

I believe it is on the Hub assembly as some people have had bad luck getting that code after replacing the hub assembly with an aftermarket unit. I have detroit axle hubs in the rear on my wagon and do not have a code for an ABS sensor.

I have replaced both rear hub assemblies with Detroit Axle units and replaced both rear ABS sensors...but The right rear still throws a code that it's not reading. I actually replaced that right rear sensor twice thinking it might've been the sensor but it's not. I've called several Subaru dealership service departments and they're all saying that the tone ring is part of the axle...so I'm very confused at this point.

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x40/92Si/DSCN4640.jpg

there's the sensor with the hub removed. so the hub must have the tone ring. Installed Moogs in both my rears no issues.

Someone here must have a picture of a rear hub ? [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Timken-HA590315-Wheel-Bearing-Assembly/dp/B0031HRJ5S/?tag=viglink20901-20]Amazon.com: Timken HA590315 Wheel Bearing and Hub Assembly: Automotive[/ame]

You can stop by a auto parts store and ask to see a rear hub for these cars.

I think that's the ABS sensor in my picture.

Go to the top of the very first forum here, in the stickys, and look the parts up on the "opposedforces" web site.

What I would do now, is get that DA hub out of there and put a Timken in.

Some of the DA hubs have caused issues, granted very few, but no one has had an issues with a Timken.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

http://i1149.photobucket.com/albums/o594/andy_mac1/9A8F5099-7715-4497-820F-88562B89A05F_zpsa2trrjmw.jpg

Not the best picture, suprisingly I didn't actually take any pictures of the hubs fully removed, but isn't the black section the tone ring which it reads off?

2000 Legacy B4 RSK - SOLD

2006 Legacy BP5 GT Spec B wagon - Garage Thread

2011 VW T5 van 2.0L of turbo diesel awesomeness

Archived