LegacyGT.com

97 obw fogs question

I did my searching, and couldn't find what I need so I will post here. My 97 fogs have seen better days, the passenger side lamp looks like a bb went through it. So this leaves me with two options, find new or gently used OEM lights, or replace them with something. I have hear that PIAA 520's or Hella 500's will fit in the stock location. Does anybody have any input there? Also I want to go yellow on the fogs,thoughts?

• I Donated

I've heard Hellas fit, but I've never done it myself...so I can't tell you 100% for sure that they are a direct bolt up.

If you want yellow lights, I suggest going with an HID kit for your fogs around 3000k color temp or so. HIDs are easy to wire in. However, if you put HIDs into stock fog lights, the back of the fog light will melt from the heat (don't ask me how I know lol).

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Yeah, I've toyed with the the Hids, and I may do that for the mains, but I just wanted plug and play for the fogs. I wouldn't put them in the back of the stock lights anyway, since the lens is busted on one, they would get new lights.

I've heard Hellas fit, but I've never done it myself...so I can't tell you 100% for sure that they are a direct bolt up.

If you want yellow lights, I suggest going with an HID kit for your fogs around 3000k color temp or so. HIDs are easy to wire in. However, if you put HIDs into stock fog lights, the back of the fog light will melt from the heat (don't ask me how I know lol).

So what did you do to solve that problem, without asking how you know of course ;)

Archived