LegacyGT.com

Buyer's regret?

I'm having some buyer's regret with my '05 Legacy GT Ltd. I've been thinking about trading it in for maybe an Outback Sedan or maybe the B6(?)

So far the sites don't have the '05 information for trade-in values. Any idea where I can get an idea of what my car is worth on a trade-in?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You are going to eat a couple thousand dollars if you trade it in now. I thought a lot about what car I was going to buy. I labored the longest on the color because that is one thing you can't change if you get tired of it. Well, not easily anyway... I love my LGT and haven't driven another car that I would rather have. It fits my needs perfectly. I would love to have bought a 5 series BMW, but that wasn't in the budget. For what I can afford, the LGT is the best car for me.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

I'm having some buyer's regret with my '05 Legacy GT Ltd. I've been thinking about trading it in for maybe an Outback Sedan or maybe the B6(?)

So far the sites don't have the '05 information for trade-in values. Any idea where I can get an idea of what my car is worth on a trade-in?

Everybody gets some regrets, but are they valid and nagging enough to throw away at least 2-3 grand to change cars. Discussing them could help shed a different light on those issues, unless you are thinking of the Outback or the Tribeca becase you need a higher ground clearance.

Mojo

I keed I keeed

I had a 2001 Outback Sedan and loved everything but the engine. I do miss the ground clearance.

My other gripes are the required premium gas and the low profile tires. I thought I would be ready for a sportier car, but I miss my Outback Sedan.

As for the premium gas, is it really that much more expensive ?

E.g. yearly mileage = 20k miles, avg MPG = 18 mpg , price diff between unleaded and premium = $0.2, therefore (20,000/18)*0.2 = $222 / year more for premium

As for the low profile tires, changing to more comfortable tires could help but I would assume you were satisified with the ride after you test-drove it?

Mojo

I keed I keeed

Unfortunately the Legacy is not the car for everyone, otherwise everyone would be buying it :). That said, I'm sorry to hear that you are disappointed in those categories about your car.

From what I've seen, the price for a used LGT in Ltd. trim is about 25-27ish. Probably around invoice if not a thousand or so lower.

-ben

My girlfriend said she would stop...being close with me... if i got this car. (no joke)

I think it's time for a new girlfriend then. :D

You should give her a bag of coal now for v-day :D

I had a 2001 Outback Sedan and loved everything but the engine. I do miss the ground clearance.

My other gripes are the required premium gas and the low profile tires. I thought I would be ready for a sportier car, but I miss my Outback Sedan.

The low profiles annoy me at times because they are not forgiving and the roads near me are loaded with large pot holes. It only takes one pothole and your out at least $200!!!! I find myself having to slow down abruptly, swerving to avoid them, and I know if I hit one I'm out a tire.

I liked the Outback sedan, but I wanted a black leather interior and a turbo :)

- Mike

The outback sedan has the H-6 in it now and also requires Premium. It's the only way to get it. And it's fully loaded and around $32k.

haha...my girl said the same thing...I've owned all of my last 4 cars, and I told her we wouldn't be able to hit the movies, mall, and eat out every weekend because now I have a payment. She didn't respond to well to the news, and since I was looking at an STi vs. LGT, she wanted me to get the STi. Of course insurance would mean even LESS time out, but needless to say I chose the Legacy. I figured for the same price it would have cost me for an STi, I'll have a legacy that's just as fast. And it's comfortable, and i'll save money on insurance.

I think it's time for a new girlfriend then. :D

You should give her a bag of coal now for v-day :D

- Mike

What color, what option, what is the condition, how much you want to get rid of it for. and where in Jersey. I might be interested.

i already got dibbs if that shits black on black

epitaph... WHY WOULD SHE EVAR SAY THAT?!?! wtf she want you to buy??

is it cuz of the speed or cuz she wants u in a higher profile vehicle like a BMW or an SUV?

:lol: she wants me to get the truck that i want (2500turbo diesel)... My parents are the ones who want me in a bmw. She hates it because she thinks its really ugly an its 4cylinders, and its small, she likes big cars. She likes it cuz its slower then my car, heh

It should be on KBB.com soon....Hang onto it for a year or so though....for what people have paid for these, and what Subaru has let these things go for, don't expect too much....

It's silver. Sorry though, I wouldn't be selling it - it would strictly be a trade-in. That way it's less money out of pocket on the new car and I'm avoiding paying taxes twice.

I've asked about replacing the low-profiles before and I'm pretty sure the concensus was it wasn't really possible. Unless I missed something....

The Outback Sedan now requires Premium gas? That's f@ckin adburd. Not that the difference is huge when you really think about it, but it is a pain in the ass in general.

I'll probably wind up hanging onto it for another year, then trading it in for something else. I miss my Outback sedan - I should have just kept it and dropped a bigger engine in - would have been the exact car i was looking for.

It's silver. Sorry though, I wouldn't be selling it - it would strictly be a trade-in. That way it's less money out of pocket on the new car and I'm avoiding paying taxes twice.

I've asked about replacing the low-profiles before and I'm pretty sure the concensus was it wasn't really possible. Unless I missed something....

The Outback Sedan now requires Premium gas? That's f@ckin adburd. Not that the difference is huge when you really think about it, but it is a pain in the ass in general.

I'll probably wind up hanging onto it for another year, then trading it in for something else. I miss my Outback sedan - I should have just kept it and dropped a bigger engine in - would have been the exact car i was looking for.

Why is the issue of premium gas that much of a concern ? It is a $200-300/year difference. Dropping a bigger engine in may not give you the required power unless it is used with premium gas.

Again, you don't have to change the size of the tires, but the compound or type to a more comfortable and less-performance oriented one.

Mojo

I keed I keeed

Again, you don't have to change the size of the tires, but the compound or type to a more comfortable and less-performance oriented one.

Mojo

I don't know how the roads are by njsub, but by me there are soooo many potholes, some quite deep and large, that it just isn't a good environment for low profiles.

- Mike

I don't know how the roads are by njsub, but by me the potholes are soooo many potholes, some quite large, and it isn't a good environment for low profiles.

- Mike

If that is the case, wouldn't this have been an issue while test driving the car?

Mojo

I keed I keeed

Archived