LegacyGT.com

Heated mirror

Hey

I kinda look stupid right now, but today, after driving the car for two years i've noticed that i have heated mirrors (i saw the connector at the back of the mirror glass).

the thing is, i never noticed if the heating wors.

How do i turn the heating on ?

Is there a dedicated bottom for this?

So how should the mirror heater be turned on??

well you would need to buy the dash switch, and heated mirrors for it to work if I'm not mistaken. Also would wanna replace the windshield to take advantage of the heated wiper area. Not 100% sure but car manufactures will typically use the same wiring harnesses for different trim levels but obviously not have some plugs hooked up since your car trim level didn't come with it from the factory.

Mine work with the rear defrost button. The front windsheild defrost button does not activate the mirror heaters, just the heating element under the front wipers.

The front defrost button under the radio put the air into the windshield from the top of the dashboard.

The rear defrost button under the radio works the rear glass heating element and outside door mirrors.

The dash push button on the left of the steering wheel by the mirror adjustment turns on the heating elements on the front windshield

No that's not how it works.

The front defrost button under the radio put the air into the windshield from the top of the dashboard.

The rear defrost button under the radio works only the rear glass heating element.

The dash push button on the left of the steering wheel by the mirror adjustment turns on the heating elements on the front windshield and outside door side mirrors

Actually that is exactly how they work.

http://techinfo.subaru.com/proxy/69502/pdf/ownerManual/069502_2007_Legacy/MSA5M0704A_10.pdf

Page 3-50 in the owners manual says so. Mirror heaters are activated with the rear defroster /end

No that's not how it works.

The rear defrost button under the radio works the rear glass heating element and outside door mirrors.

The dash push button on the left of the steering wheel by the mirror adjustment turns on the heating elements on the front windshield

Edit fail: Tells me that's not how it works, posts detailed incorrect instructions, get's pointed to owners manual describing exactly what I'd described, edits post to describe what I did but leaves the "No that's not how it works."

Archived