LegacyGT.com

6MT Clutch Same as STI Clutch?

fieldy72233

Hi everyone, just looking for some clarification.

I am looking to replace the clutch on my 07 spec. From what I have gathered from vendor's, the STI clutch's "should" work, but I am looking for practice. Anyone here replaced this or confirm?

I am looking at the ACT SB4-HDSS, which show's up nowhere on this site :)

Dustin

Hmm.

I just got the ACT HD-SS clutch kit with an STi streetlite flywheel. Was told that was the proper combination and would work with the SpecB 6MT.

Unfortunately it hasn't been installed yet so I can't comment on the results.

Hi everyone, just looking for some clarification.

I am looking to replace the clutch on my 07 spec. From what I have gathered from vendor's, the STI clutch's "should" work, but I am looking for practice. Anyone here replaced this or confirm?

I am looking at the ACT SB4-HDSS, which show's up nowhere on this site :)

Dustin

i asked turninconcepts about clutches/flywheels before...that's the one he suggested to me as well...so i guess you'd be good to go....though i obviously have not changed out the clutch yet ~

Yes, STI clutch fits SpecB.

As for OEM being the same clutch it is not. I don't know about exact differences, but all part numbers (at least for disc, pressure plate and flywheel) are different between 04-08 STI and 07-08 SpecB.

I would speculate the SpecB parts are "watered down". Like e.g. transmission mount in SpecB beging even more squisher than STI one.

• 2 months later...

To add some clarification or confusion on this -

ACT has a new Spec B specific clutch listed. We ordered one for a customer. It's a 6 bolt pressure plate, and when he pulled the tranny his stock flywheel was a 9 bolt.

We have talked to ACT and they swear that the stock fly is 6 bolt, but according to the customer that is incorrect.

at this time all we can recommend is the STi clutch and fly until we get some better corroboration on the spec b setup.

^ There were few flywheel part # changes in SpecB, that may explain it. I believe according to Spec the SpecB clutch is smaller in diameter. That disqualifies it in my eyes.

Indeed, best course of action is an STI fitment clutch and OEM STI fly...

Archived