Plug n Play Aux-in mod for 2005 6cd radios

jazzymt

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i never got a shipping notification, does that mean it hasn't been shipped yet? order number is 1918
Yes, your order hasn't shipped yet. I apologize for the delay - I'm still trying to get caught up. Your board is made & the parts are ready though, it will ship tomorrow & you should have it Saturday.

NO and YES - the charging does not work, but the audio playback does. When I use my iPhone 3G with the jazzy the phone shows an error "charging is not supported with this accessory."
That's not true anymore. The new iPod docking cable that's included in the iPod kits *IS* compatible with and will charge the new iPhone 3G and the newest generation of iPods including the latest Touch.

Anyone know?
http://search.digikey.com/scripts/DkSearch/dksus.dll?Detail&name=HF14U-04-ND
[CENTER][URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18504"]Subaru Plug & Play Aux-in Mod[/URL][/CENTER] [CENTER][URL="http://www.jazzyengineering.com"]www.jazzyengineering.com[/URL][/CENTER]

Just got my kit today, the pro kit comes with the ipod charging and playback cable, Part Number: IC-AV2

•Compatible with ALL iPods including the iPod Classic, iPhone, 3G iPhone, iTouch, 2nd generation iTouch, & the 3rd & 4th generation iPod Nanos.

I'm about to start ripping my car and radio apart , hoping for an easy install!

mine's in and working, just need to put the trim pieces back , i ran to radio shack in the middle of it to do my own mod, adding rca y-adapters to i can hook up two cables, one that uses the ipod cable that charges (plugs into the bottom) , and a second rca cable with a headphone style 1/8" plug so I can play other devices

i had no idea what to do with the jazzy board so it's just sorta stuck in there neatly, tried some double stick mounting tape but it kept coming off so i said F### it

That's not true anymore. The new iPod docking cable that's included in the iPod kits *IS* compatible with and will charge the new iPhone 3G and the newest generation of iPods including the latest Touch.

what would you charge for that cable? I have/had the 1st gen iphone then bought the 3g and have been unable to charge since then. I purchased your mod this summer.. would be sweet if you could hook me up with a deal ;)

Part Number: IC-AV2 http://www.pac-audio.com/products/images/ic-av2.jpg The IC-AV2 provides a convenient way to enjoy the latest generation iPod with video in the automobile. Audio and Video playback as well as a charging input make the IC-AV2 by far the easiest way to enjoy all the features of the new iPod.

PAC's IC-AV2 connects to the bottom of all iPods (except shuffle) and provides two stereo audio outputs and a single composite-video output. The provided power wires are connected to the automobile’s switched power so that the iPod is charged while the car is in-use. Its stereo audio outputs can be connected to the audio input of an aftermarket radio or to many original automotive radios with the addition of a PAC's auxiliary input interface (sold separately). This product is designed to deliver uncompromised audio and video playback in a wide range of applications. •Provides Audio & Video output.

•Charges iPod.

•Compatible with ALL iPods including the iPod Classic, iPhone, 3G iPhone, iTouch, 2nd generation iTouch, & the 3rd & 4th generation iPod Nanos. There is no control or radio display features using this cable.

http://www.pac-audio.com/products/productsDetail.asp?mmSearch=iPod%20Integration

They retail for $35, saw some on ebay for $20 .

On my 2005 the blue/red wire in the factory radio harness is always on +12v, the yellow/red is switched +12v . I tapped the blue/red so I can leave my iphone or ipod in the car to charge with the ignition off.

Edited by tbssubaru

Part Number: IC-AV2 http://www.pac-audio.com/products/images/ic-av2.jpg The IC-AV2 provides a convenient way to enjoy the latest generation iPod with video in the automobile. Audio and Video playback as well as a charging input make the IC-AV2 by far the easiest way to enjoy all the features of the new iPod.

PAC's IC-AV2 connects to the bottom of all iPods (except shuffle) and provides two stereo audio outputs and a single composite-video output. The provided power wires are connected to the automobile’s switched power so that the iPod is charged while the car is in-use. Its stereo audio outputs can be connected to the audio input of an aftermarket radio or to many original automotive radios with the addition of a PAC's auxiliary input interface (sold separately). This product is designed to deliver uncompromised audio and video playback in a wide range of applications. •Provides Audio & Video output.

•Charges iPod.

•Compatible with ALL iPods including the iPod Classic, iPhone, 3G iPhone, iTouch, 2nd generation iTouch, & the 3rd & 4th generation iPod Nanos. There is no control or radio display features using this cable.

http://www.pac-audio.com/products/productsDetail.asp?mmSearch=iPod%20Integration

They retail for $35, saw some on ebay for $20 .

On my 2005 the blue/red wire in the factory radio harness is always on +12v, the yellow/red is switched +12v . I tapped the blue/red so I can leave my iphone or ipod in the car to charge with the ignition off.

wow thanks for the info, I love you

PM Sent on Tracking/Payment info...

Cody

Sorry guys - it's been hell week for me. Between work, travel for work & night classes - I haven't been home before 9pm, which would be ok, but I normally get up at 5:30 so I basically go right to bed & mon/tues I got up at 4:30 & 3:30am! to catch a flight.

That - and I'm backordered iPod cables...again. Hopefully they'll be here early next week. Other orders (that don't need iPod cables) I will get shipped out before the weekend & should arrive for everyone Monday. I'm trying to work out a deal with PAC so I can get them directly in the future, but they don't make it easy..

Sorry for the wait & thanks for everyone's orders and patience. I'm trying my best for ya.

PS. Sorry trademark, but I can't offer any deals on replacement iPod cables. I don't make much on them as it is - I mostly include them in the kits just to make it more convenient for iPod owners to buy the board.

[CENTER][URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18504"]Subaru Plug & Play Aux-in Mod[/URL][/CENTER] [CENTER][URL="http://www.jazzyengineering.com"]www.jazzyengineering.com[/URL][/CENTER]

Sorry guys - it's been hell week for me. Between work, travel for work & night classes - I haven't been home before 9pm, which would be ok, but I normally get up at 5:30 so I basically go right to bed & mon/tues I got up at 4:30 & 3:30am! to catch a flight.

That - and I'm backordered iPod cables...again. Hopefully they'll be here early next week. Other orders (that don't need iPod cables) I will get shipped out before the weekend & should arrive for everyone Monday. I'm trying to work out a deal with PAC so I can get them directly in the future, but they don't make it easy..

Sorry for the wait & thanks for everyone's orders and patience. I'm trying my best for ya.

PS. Sorry trademark, but I can't offer any deals on replacement iPod cables. I don't make much on them as it is - I mostly include them in the kits just to make it more convenient for iPod owners to buy the board.

no worries

thanks

Has anyone found a way to bypass the blank CD or add a 3rd party deck w/o losing the auto climate control?

I've been watching these forums for a while now but it seems like I'm stuck w/ this option :/

Search more. There's a soldering-required aux-in kit, or you could install

3rd-party deck in the cubby.

All I know is that I installed a kit for my GF's Ipod and I liked it so much I've decided I'd better get an Ipod for myself since she won't let borrow hers.

Plus she wants me to try figuring out how to install a kit in her Pathfinder.......:eek:

yes that's the right one... u just plug in the ribbon cable in the only logical way that it fits (from looking at your picture, you would turn the aux board clockwise 90 degrees and plug in ur cable)

one thing i've noticed about the ipod cable is that it doesn't auto pause when it no longer detects power... my other ipod cable did that and i was a little disappointed that this one doesn't... oh well. it's just a minor inconvenience.

Just installed the pro ipod kit, but when my ipod is plugged in, It doesnt show that it is charging the batteries, can anyone verify if it shows on your ipod that the battery is charging like it does with other chargers or does it not show up. I have verified that there is power going to the wire both before and after the inline fuse on the red wire, So either I have a bad cable or it doesnt show?