LegacyGT.com

Electrical/bulb question

aac0036

Hey everyone, I have 2 light-related questions.

I disabled the DRL by pulling the white connector under the dash, however now the high beams don't flash when I want to signal for someone to go ahead and pull out in traffic. Is this supposed to happen? All I wanted was to stop the DRL's coming on.

Question #2 is, do I have an electrical problem? When I was looking to buy the car (which has only 40k on it) I noticed in the trunk that the trunk liner's been moved and obviously some light bulbs have been replaced already. In the month I've owned it, the car has had a headlight go out, and now a brake light... what's the deal with that? That's a little unreasonable. No other symptoms of electrical infidelity (did a search and see this is pretty common, but I thought this was different since I have no other things I've read about)

Any help is appreciated with both issues. I have the bulb guide from the site here, so that's helpful.

Thanks!

i think you may be jumping to conclusions about the electrical issue if you've only replaced the bulbs once.

how do you know how long the headlight and brake lights you replaced were in there? now, if you were blowing bulbs left and right, that'd be different.

I guess you're right. I mean, I consider changing 2 different bulbs in 1.5 months blowing out bulbs left and right. Add to that the fact that other bulbs have already been replaced by the previous owner and I'm suspicious. I've read about bulbs burning out here, but not like this.

Archived