LegacyGT.com

3.0R In the house

Hey my fellow Subaru fanatics, I just purchased my first Subaru machine, an 09 legacy 3.0r.. I did not join this forum until i actually parked it in my driveway but i was kreeping around prior and i gotta say all the "expert" and user reviews i read on various other sites could not compare to the wealth of knowledge and information I gained from here and other 3.0r owners.. I live in Toronto Canada and my legacy in metallic grey with black leather interior and only had 50K kms on it.. Got a pretty good deal on it as well.. I fell in love with the car the first time i saw it online and love it even more in person.. So i just wanted to say hello and thanks to you all this is my first post and def won't be my last..

Also Thanks if you read that all ;)

L30R i know what you mean... I wasn't planning on purchasing this soon but then i saw it posted with its low kms and low price to match.. I kept checking back for 2 months and it had not sold.. When i finally decided to book a test drive... Long story short i beat out another guy by a hair i think if i waited another weak.. I would have missed out for sure.

They are hard to find. I know when I got mine, I saw it pop up on Autotrader. I called the dealer the next day and put a deposit on it. Then bought a one way plane ticket from WI to OH and drove it back the next weekend. When I got to the dealer, the general manager wanted to meet me. He told me they could have sold that car at least four times.

People that do their research on them know what they are and what they are worth.

Haha tell me about it... I actually went to a subie dealership to look at a 2011 2.5i LTD but then caught the newly listed R in the lot. It caught me by surprise because it didn't show up on their online inventory at the time, but a few people were already interested in it.

I test drove it to make sure it was solid and closed the deal in the next hour. Granted, I've only had this car for a few days now, I'm pretty happy with it (except for the noisy drivers seat!).

Hope you guys are enjoying yours as much as I am.

• 2 weeks later...
I had similar issue... Espacially on cornering and more it went, noisier it was. Fixed it by replacing a "rivet" with a bolt.

Hmmm.. I'll have to bring that up to the service dept when I bring her into the shop in a few days.

I think one of the pulleys on the serpentine belt are going as well. My H6 motor sounds like it has a supercharger kit on it!

I hope the extended warranty package I bought will cover the seat and the pulley bearing.

Hope you guys are having good luck with your 3.0R's

Archived