LegacyGT.com

suspension set-up

slowlane

so i'm think'n bout pulling the trigger and getting perrin front and rear sway bars & end links and h-tech spring on stock dampers, anyone with that set up or something close to in the area, just looking for opinions on the ride quality on our well maintain roads here, also if u have any suggestions on where to get all these installed once i get them, thank for the help and look'n forward to some great weather this weekend :)

The rear konis are a direct replacement strut setup. The fronts need to have the front OEM struts cored out and the Konis are insert tubes.

I have an 05 LGT Wagon and have had great success with the Subaru STi Pink Legacy Springs with Konis. I've also put in Whiteline F/R Sways w/Kartboy endlinks.

If you haven't done your LCA bushings you'll likely need those between 50-75k miles as well, and when you do those, you'll want new ball-joints or the whiteline roll-center kit which includes ball joints and tierod ends.

On the konis I would also suggest getting the Group N Front top-mounts as well since the stock strut tops are not beefy enough for this area's pavement.

We can install any/all of this stuff, and can even provide the Konis for you if interested.

Shoot us a PM/AIM/E-mail and I can work up a custom quote for you.

-mike

IMO, dont get the bars and get koni dampers instead with the springs. the stock dampers dont do so well with upgraded springs and swaybars.

+1 I have the koni's, great ride quality and the adjustment factor is awesome. I also have the Perrin F&R sways and they def tighten everything up.

Yeah the adjustability is great. Like for the track I run it full stiff. Winter I go full soft. When the mother-in-law is in the car, full soft. If I am going to be doing some country road driving upstate or west jersey, I go mostly stiff. I have 225-45-17s on my car and no rubbage.

It also has me continuing to enjoy my car despite putting 50k miles on it in < 2 years.

-mike

I have a set of Cobb Sways F&R...did a lot of research. FYI, the Cobbs come with the rear reinforcement bracket and a zerk grease fitting which is very handy. I do have bilsteins so I cannot really comment the ride on stock struts.

As far as EL's go, the stockers should be fine for you unless you plan on tracking and or autoXing the car. You CAN upgrade to new ELs but not necessary. GL

Rehab is for quitters.

Archived