LegacyGT.com

Need help! - Wagon mooroof problems

Has anyone else had a problem with their wagon's moonroof getting stuck? I tried to open mine last night and only one side of the front portion popped up. Now when I hit open or close it just moves about 1/2 an inch and stops. It will be covered under warranty, but the dealership in town doesn't have an opening until next weekend. Has anyone else incurred this problem and if so, is it fixable, or should I just wait it out until next weekend? I can't drive it anywhere because if it rains, it would go right inside!

Never had that before, all creaks were fixed with the fluffy side of velcro stripping, and I'm still glad I got the moonroof, because I can stand up through it and stuff.

Do tell...sounds like a plan I need to implement...

my problem is that I wanted leather power seats so I had to take the moonroof. ;)

I wanted the sunroof, so I had to take the leather seats :) No regrets though, the leather does fit the interior's character. While the Legacy's leather is far from the best it's also far from the worst. If memory serves I found the cloth in the non-limiteds somewhat cheap feeling, at least compared to the rest of the car. My perspective was a little skewed though since my last car had nice cloth seats in an otherwise cheap interior.

Mine is a okay...but there are quite a few kreaks coming from its general area!

I only rarely hear my sunroof creak, but I've got an annoying rattle inside the headliner just in front of the sunroof. It's pretty well muted with the shade closed but easy to hear below highway speeds with the shade open. Pressing up on the headliner there makes it go away briefly.

Actually, now that I think about it, I haven't noticed the rattle since I got back in town on Wednesday. Maybe sitting for two weeks did it some good :D

When I was test-driving my wagon, about 2 mi from the stealership we tried to close the sunroof and it got stuck open. A mechanic there closed it somehow and they replaced the sunroof prior to delivery.

You shoulnd't have any problems after its replaced.

G/L

There's a way to open/ close it manually. Ask Manuel to help you.

you got a manuel too? mines name is manual though. he's from puerto rico:icon_wink

may want to keep the tracks cleaned and put some white litho grease in. had to do that on my outback after a year or two. had a lot of road dirt on the tracks

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

Guest *Jedimaster*
There is only one Manuel. Ask around to some of us old timers on the baord- we know Manuel very well. Viva La Suby! Hasta Luego! Placido Domingo!

I called the dealership again and they stated I could bring it in on Monday to see if they could close it. Then they scheduled me for the following Wednesday gfor a check-up. Hopefully this doesn't occur too often! I did try to manually close it per the "manual", but that didn't work. That seems to be if the slider is stuck, not the tilt portion, but I could be wrong.

• 1 year later...
Has anyone else had a problem with their wagon's moonroof getting stuck? I tried to open mine last night and only one side of the front portion popped up. Now when I hit open or close it just moves about 1/2 an inch and stops. It will be covered under warranty, but the dealership in town doesn't have an opening until next weekend. Has anyone else incurred this problem and if so, is it fixable, or should I just wait it out until next weekend? I can't drive it anywhere because if it rains, it would go right inside!

Mine just did the same thing this morning and won't fully close. Took it to the dealership and have an appointment tomorrow. They looked at it and said they never saw that before. I know about the TSB and they said that was just for the shade.

• 11 months later...
  • 3 months later...
i've used legacygt.com for every problem or question i've had with my car since i got mine in 05 and i hate to say it but this forum is absolutely useless. my moonroof broke tonight, it's raining, thanks for the help...

we're having the exact same problem on our 05 lgt limited wagon...it's unfortunately a $2000 fix which really sux. if anyone has talked to a dealer or mechanic who knows of a more effective way of fixing it than replacing the entire assembly ($1000 in parts plus almost that much in labor) i'd love to hear about it!!

Archived