LegacyGT.com

NOVA emissions test question

So my car is registered in hampton roads, however I'm currently living in nova for the time being. My state inspection sticker just expired and I realized they sniff test here in nova. I don't want to fail so I wanted to see what y'all think. Will I fail my inspection with a CNT catted down pipe, catless grim speed up pipe, and axle back exhaust? Any shops you guys would recommend up here, thanks!

So my car is registered in hampton roads, however I'm currently living in nova for the time being. My state inspection sticker just expired and I realized they sniff test here in nova. I don't want to fail so I wanted to see what y'all think. Will I fail my inspection with a CNT catted down pipe, catless grim speed up pipe, and axle back exhaust? Any shops you guys would recommend up here, thanks!

Look at your registration, find garage jurisdiction, if NOT ARL or FFX county it doesn't matter. You only have to test for emissions in areas NOT in attainment with DEQ standards. As long as you have your registered in Hampton City you can renew your registration w/o the DEQ number (provided by passing emissions). Once you move your garage jurisdiction to FFX or ARL you will have 30 days pass so swap your CNT for stock DP and pass and swap back :)

I passed my tests all the time with STI up Stromung divorced DP and rear Perrin Catted DP section. I only almost failed because he didn't spot the 2nd o2 sensor with the mirror. This was Tysons Corner near that Subaru VW dealership and Shell off old Keene Mill In Springfield.

Most of the shops don't do a "sniff test" on Subarus because their equipment can't do AWD. I think a typical test would be an ODBII check and a visual inspection, but the shop I go to just does the ODBII, never saw them even look at the exhaust.

Most of the shops don't do a "sniff test" on Subarus because their equipment can't do AWD. I think a typical test would be an ODBII check and a visual inspection, but the shop I go to just does the ODBII, never saw them even look at the exhaust.

The Shop in Tyson was the only time I seen them look.

Archived