LegacyGT.com

Attaching USDM License Plates to JDM SpecB Bumper

SlightlyEvil

Made this post in the general section but it didn't render much helpful info really so I figure this would be a better place and maybe catch more eyes.

Got my JDM SpecB front end on, loving it. It didn't come with those clips though (circled in red in the attached diagram) to screw the license plate into.

I KNOW someone out there has figured out a solution for this since a lot of people bought their bumper covers used and didn't come with these clips probably. I've looked for an appropriate clip at hardware stores but nothing that fits really, anybody found something other than the Subaru part that works? I've tried contacting Graham @ Japanparts to order these little pieces too but no reply...

licenceplateclip.jpg.00fd49af296b5089b9923574ae03c8ae.jpg

Made this post in the general section but it didn't render much helpful info really so I figure this would be a better place and maybe catch more eyes.

Got my JDM SpecB front end on, loving it. It didn't come with those clips though (circled in red in the attached diagram) to screw the license plate into.

I KNOW someone out there has figured out a solution for this since a lot of people bought their bumper covers used and didn't come with these clips probably. I've looked for an appropriate clip at hardware stores but nothing that fits really, anybody found something other than the Subaru part that works? I've tried contacting Graham @ Japanparts to order these little pieces too but no reply...

These are called "speedclips" and *any* bodyshop that repairs Japanese cars will have 'em by the dozen; you'll have to PM and remind me what year we supplied if you want these from here

Hardware store likely won't have these

Best

GW

JapanpartsLLC

* Since 1996 *

Yea for what its worth to anyone else running into this, I just got a pair of big washers, some 1x1/4" bolts, and some nuts and spaced everything out so it bolted in from behind. Left a good .5" of the bolt out in front of the car so if anyone backs into my new bumper they get a reminder of why the should check the mirror more often in their paint.

:D

Archived