LegacyGT.com

This is all I want - why can't we have it?

Ratman009

As long as it has the fold-flat rear seats, steering wheel audio controls, auto-dimming mirrors, and NAV as an option, this is all I want. Plus, you can choose stick or auto. Perfect. Why the heck can't they sell this in the US? A little more HP/torque, better suspension, improved steering feel, and more importantly - better brakes. Plus, it looks pretty damn mean. Oh yeah - the McIntosh audio system too. Me wants!

http://www.worldcarfans.com/news.cfm/country/jcf/newsID/2070411.003/subaru/subaru-liberty-gt-tuned-by-sti

I love the way it looks but it costs a whole lot. I mean that seems crazy high to me. Your getting into a whole new league of cars at that price point. Its looks like only 13-14 more HP too.

65990 Australian dollars = 54,289.973 U.S. dollars

:dm: 2007 DGM LGT :dm:

:icon_twis 2003 Suzuki SV650S :icon_twis

^agreed...

Aussie pricing is nuts...we sell our games for 40 more bucks just because that's what the market dictates...

A SOA version built in Indiana will help keep the cost down...but the stratsophere package cost of Spec B makes me thing this would be insane.

Here is a breakdown in Impreza pricing for a reference of what this may be for us...

Pricing IMPREZA

WRX TR SEDANIMPREZA - $23,995

WRX SEDANIMPREZA - $24,995

WRX STIIMPREZA - $33,495

WRX STI LIMITED - $33,495

Pricing LEGACY

LEGACY 2.5 GT LIMITED SEDAN - $28,295

LEGACY 2.5 GT spec.B - $33,995

LEGACY 2.5 STi - $36,795 http://www.subaru.com/media/image/spacer.gif

With an 8,500 price difference in the WRX and the STI I assumed it would be about the same over a LGT Limited...not nearly as much of an engine upgrade so that's why I based it off the LGT vs. the SPEC B

All sedan pricing because we don't have an STI wagon ;)

Let the debate begin! Its a lost cause anyway...

It doesn't seem like Subaru's listening to their original customer base much these days anyhow... The 08 WRX is downright ugly... They finally brought the WRX over in 02 but no STi until 04. The Legacy's been here forever but never an STi :( As if people on this side of the Pacific don't want fast cars too. Oh well, that's what the aftermarket is for.

2007 OBP Legacy 2.5GT 5MT -

vBGarage

2001 SSM 3.2CL Type-S

You can make your own cheaper...I have

MR Catback = Twin Tips

RavSpec = Lip Spoiler

Next..... (front lip spoiler, rims, ECU tune)

There we go, engine and exterior wise, you got a 05-07 USDM style Legacy STI, now the interior, thats personal taste...

I too have the MR catback, love it. Just adding a lip spoiler doesn't look quite as good as that bumper. The shape of it even makes the grille look good!

I'm also finding out that the more you mess with your car, the more that can go wrong. The big thing I like about the STI is the suspension and brake upgrades, as well as the wheels. :wub: It would get pretty expensive buying all of that as aftermarket parts. To me, I'd rather include that in the price of the car.

^yup but I pass a dozen BMW's a day. One would think they could carve out a nice little niche. Like Subaru is kinda known for...

Agreed on the more mods the more goes wrong...the name of the game. You would mod this car too I bet :) just not as much...

Knowing SOA, they'd offer a similar version, but with the SpecB suspension and STi badging and none of the other options.

Seems crazy to me that a country that thinks driving 5Km/hr over the speed limit will lead to a fatal collision gets all these nice models.

Yup definatly a SOA move plus bumpers that stick out and crazy because traffic is so bad that SI drive makes a difference.

Archived