LegacyGT.com

2006 Legacy GT Wagon Blue/MT sitting at auction, with STI Gauge pack

sigmafour

• I Donated Too

This wagon seen in this old thread...

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/eat-up-2006-5mt-abp-lgt-wagon-42219.html

Is sitting waiting at the Lynnway Auctions in Billerica - still looks much the same as then... Still has the rare STI gauge pack. No idea of how many miles on it now.

Anyone know who had this and why it ended up here which is of course where all high mile old cars end up but what a shame...

• I Donated Too

I just visited the car... It's telling an unhappy story. There is a towing receipt from 3/26 and a jiffy lube receipt from 2/07 talking about no oil on stick and 2 quarts low on arrival (to be fair to Jiffylube the car was probably in better condition on arrival than when it left) they filled it with Penzoil synthetic and added a note that it's okay for the car to drip oil from the filter for a while due to the position being under the car!

Okay - notes on window say it has 165k miles now. I looked in engine bay, it's all stock but the turbo looks fairly new - no ebcs or other tell tale signs of modifications - inter cooler is clean and engine cover in place. Had a new front O2 sensor sometime as its a blue wire now not the stock yellow. Can't see uppipe and still has the sensor for the egt connected so guessing stock. Engine bay is clean with no oil.

There are other numbers which may help locate it as stock/lot numbers for the auction - they are 814576 and then in biro next to that number someone has drawn an X - and then over a barcode which represents the vin (vin is same as post linked above) there is another large number 447624T - I have located the previous owners details and phone number. I am seeking information but just got his voicemail. Car is very clean inside, interior not unduly worn and body is nice - spare wheel present and never used, mats all in place and a cargo net. Trunk covers all present. Stock downpipe and exhausts.

That's all the news...

• I Donated Too
Good news apart from it sounds like it needs a new lump up front. The previous owner only had it for 6 months but he was very busy and so we have agreed to chat tomorrow and I will get more information. I just feel like this car has had the failed turbo just replace the turbo oh dear the turbo has died again game...

Two of a kind. I believe (based on my recollection of digging in VIN numbers) there were two 2006 LGT 5MT wagons made.

• 2 weeks later...
  • I Donated Too

Car sold today at the auction (Was missing paperwork to go on the block last week)

Car ran fine, no engine lights... someone grabbed it for $4200.00 The guy who purchased it was a dealer but intends to give it to his son but may sell it on if his son doesn't want it. :confused:

Did you ever find out what was the story with last owner who had it for 6 months only according to post above?

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

• I Donated Too
not a lot more at all. The previous owner, at least the one who stated he had it for just 6 months has refused to answer my calls ever since speaking to me. I don't know what the big deal is but at this point I have to respect his decision and not harass him.

Archived