LegacyGT.com

Back up Camera Help

abaksh

I just got my Backup camera from WOW Cosmos on EBay.

aside from getting this to fit correctly I want to confirm the wiring.

I already have a Pioneer f900 bt head unit.

The camera also comes with some leds to illuminate the Plates. I have no issues getting that to fit.

however, the RCA Video cable has a lead on both ends of the wire, Im not sure where to connect these to. Also the camera has a pos and neg lead, I am assuming these need to be connected to a constant 12v source. Id like to set this up in a way that when I reverse it comes on and also, when Im driving I can press the read view button and see behind me.

Please help. thanks!

• 2 months later...

You don't give a whole lot of information on the vehicle in question, nor do I have the head unit you've mentioned (but I did some research on it), so I'm taking a bit of a stab in the dark here, fyi, but I will try to help you. As far as the wiring goes your best bet is to tap the red wire into the power for the reverse lights, so the camera receives power only when the car is in reverse (unless you'd like to view it at any time, in which case you will need to tap into a constant 12V line) and connect the black either to the ground wire for the lights, or find a good clean ground (scrape some paint off under a screw head that goes into the body and hook the black wire to that screw). The RCA cable should plug into the camera at one end and then into a specific input on the head unit. Yours is setup to support two of their backup cameras, so I'd guess the manual would tell you which one. HTH, and good luck with the install!

For my own information, what year Legacy are you installing this into? I want to know which ones on eBay might fit my car. I have an '08 3.0R with the factory navi, which readily accepts a signal from a backup camera wired up almost the same way I just recommended to you.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived