LegacyGT.com

New Hog-zawst System!!! The sound of power! *with patented washer technology*

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'd say the average thickness is around 1/8"; a stack of 8 is around an inch. I'd go for 2 thick ones, or 3 thinner ones. Adjust as needed.

I put 2 in, but each washer was about .057 so I should add a 3rd. It sounds great but I'm really undecided if it should be louder or not. Adding a washer should make closer to idle louder or all around increase? I'm running slightly more then 1/9" gap, any opinions?

Edited by rustler753

Engineer? I thought so. I'm an engineering drop-out/failure. So I specifically designed this system with wing-itability cause I could never use the calipers to get repeatable results. Dammit.

Just wing it!

I'm pleasantly surprised... It was most certainly worth the couple bucks and 10 mins of my time.

CLICK HERE FOR THE HOGZAUST

Engineer? I thought so.

Hehehe good guess :p, ME/EE degrees.

Also: for those reading, there are 2 standards USS and SAE. Either the washers you find are 5/64" (USS) or 1/16" (SAE) in thickness for a 3/8" washer. Most likely people using 3 washers are using SAE std. with them stacking to roughly the 1/6" gap hogmeat utilizes.

Edited by rustler753

1/6"...wtf kind of a rule do you use?

1/6" was what hog claimed his gap was. That was his eyeball measurement, and I was noting what standard washer and how many would arrive closest to said approximation. I would personally say .167" however with SAE standard washers that I used my closest would be .1875" unless I sanded down a washer so 1/6" approximation it is.

In summary I use a space rocket ruler.

Edited by rustler753

In summary I use a space rocket ruler.

That sounds cool. I used to tape those model rocket engines to GI JOE's and light them off. One time, (well, everytime) the rocket would go haywire, and once it landed on my friends back and gave him a melted GI JOE burn.

It was awesome.

I'm pleasantly surprised... It was most certainly worth the couple bucks and 10 mins of my time.

CLICK HERE FOR THE HOGZAUST

• 2 weeks later...

I think back around page 75 or so, I said I have a 9/16" gap. I have thick washers. I put a sound bit in somewhere too. I'm not an Engineer, I'm a Assembly Technician that tells the Engineers they got it wrong before I assemble something they tell me to. And, yes I used to built rockets for satellites. I now build Oxygen Generators for the Space Station and Navy Sub's.

The wider the gap the better.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I think my car has a persistent oil leak :( at least it seems that way, I haven't checked it yet but have a feeling the new "Blue" oil filter is leaking but I don't want to go up to the dealer until the new year.

Go to find out I had a cut oil breather line!!! Thus the smell so I'll be reinstalling my hogzaust shortly :)

I had to rule out options as the dealer kept saying everything but the hose lol.

Thanks for the comments on the oil smell thread, Looked at mine car and walla there was a cut hose~!

Edit: it is back to hogzaust status.... i lost my nice thick washers and had to use 3 skinny ones instead.... don't think the sound changed much from the others./

Edited by Noeladams

• 2 weeks later...