LegacyGT.com

How many miles are on your 2nd gen Legacy?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah but it is a 5 speed and that would be more fun than my auto! My dad works at a dealership so all the cars in my family that need work get major discounts =)

thats decent you sound young man, (college bla bla) what to do phase just like me

and i've come to the decision i cant afford 2 cars.

and i do have money to buy another car, but the added expense of insurance and stuff puts it off my radar.

so not until im older and can afford it

like all the midlife crisis guys rolling around in WRX'es

Plus i've only had my sub like 2 months and still feels its superior to 95% of every car out there

^well I'm really glad I own two cars, I'm unemployed and i find its actually cheaper to run two cars. My insurance only went up a few dollars and my repair bills are cheaper because I can drive one car around while i take my time and work on the other.

I've never owned less then two cars, you gotta have something to drive when one breaks down. Up until this past august I had 2 cars, 1 truck, and 1 Boat, I just sold one of the cars.

p.s I'm only 20 and I've been on my own since I was 16, You don't HAVE to go to college to succeed in life I'm living proof

My parents will murder me if I don't go to college. Plus, I want to love comfortably.. I want to make between $50,000 and $100,000 a year. Bad news, the Jetta was sold today.. My parents are happy about that because they knew I was going to try to buy it. The only reason I wanted the Jetta was for commuting because I don't want my headgaskets to go while I'm 60 miles away from home. There is still time to find another one though.. Plus I just like the fact it has turbo :) I found a really nice black one in Auburn, WA. It is really nice for $7,100.

how could you buy it if you dont have the cash ;)?

just playing but i can see how having 2 cars will benifit in the sense of one breaking down but I think im grabbing a bike

then i got the winter set with the sub

and the summer rockin on my ducati ;p

Our 98 GT Wagon just turned over 168,000 mi but it blew a head gasket recently. The car is in great shape otherwise so we are replacing the engine with a fresh rebuilt from CCR. Hopefully this will keep the Subie on the road for another 12 years.

IMG_0081.thumb.jpg.d0249c31405b0a0d1040ed21cb6f95eb.jpg

IMG_0083.thumb.jpg.0365778231a53f4c4f291c275d49250e.jpg

IMG_0079.thumb.jpg.ab59088b2c34efbf8f5edb732ab6fc60.jpg

I have a 1995 Legacy Wagon; 2.2 motor, manual tranny. I got it with 119,000 on it in 2003. It has 223,000 on it now. I do not believe the motor has been apart. I had to put a clutch in it last year and also timing belt and idlers. Still uses little to no oil.

'97 legacy L, 2.2L, 160K at the moment. Bad knock sensor (replacing soon). VSS went out on me last year (learned to gauge my speed by taking the average of the other drivers till I replaced it). Steering boots were gone, just replaced those. Other boots are slightly cracked but will wait a bit on those. Drives great, but I get a hiccup/hesitation when the car is warmed up during the summer here in New Mexico. I think that may be due to the bad knock sensor. Bad wobble on rotors. replaced those, too. Other than this minor stuff, nothing too bad. :)

• 2 months later...
Yeah Kaz, you need a 2.5 in that thing! I'm going to schedule an appointment at the dealership today for a new tranny! I can't wait to ditch the one that is in my car right now. 20,000 miles of rough shifts is getting old.