LegacyGT.com

SOA Gives New Clutch & New questions

After 2 1/2 months of communication and a personal meeting with the District Service Operations Manager, SOA has agreed to replace my clutch under warranty. I have the stink and slippage issues. I asked exactly what was going to be replaced and they said only the clutch disk itself. This is a one time thing for the sake of customer loyalty because the part has not changed. But it seems that those who have had their clutches swapped out said they felt totally different. Maybe the maker of the disk is to blame for a bad batch?

But for those who have been lucky enough to have this done, didn't they also at least do the pressure plate and throw out bearing? Since they have been so good to me up to this point, I would hope that if they tear it apart and find that the flywheel has hot spots or the pressure plate is shot that they will replace them as well.

Thank you SOA!

Case #754122 if anyone is interested. I was working with Harry Voth the DSOM here in the Denver area through Grant Noble at Customer Dealer Services 1-800-782-2783. Harry was great to talk to, logical, respectful and even admitted that he was the third person to complain about the stink issue. He told me that he didn't want to replace my clutch if the problem was going to return but all the info I provided - mostly from here - must have convinced him to give it a try.

They will call me back to let me know the details.

I think the district service operations manager already did as the case number I gave him came from that dealer.

I figure I will just pay for it if they will not cover it. The labor should be next to nothing since it will already be torn apart. And I want the peace of mind. But we'll see what they say when I take it in.

Got this from Subietonic's repair but I don't see the pressure plate included in his repair unless I'm reading it wrong.

Comments from the invoice:

"Tear down for inspection found clutch failure. Further inspection during repairs found bolts to turbo and clutch slave mountings siezed. Replaced clutch assembly after extracting seized bolts."

Part numbers: (Read - QTY / NUMBER / DESCRIPTION)

1 / 30100AA810 / DISK CP CLUTCH

1 / 30210AA550 / COVER CP CLUTCH (Believe the TOB is included in this item)

1 / 12345AA010 / FLYWHEEL DUAL MASS (Believe the PB is included in this item)

1 / 800910340 / STUD

1 / 44059AA010 / BOLT

1 / 010110250 / FLANGE BOLT

1 / 802008270 / NUT

5 / 902370029 / NUT

Dealer that did the repairs was Rancho Subaru.

Address is: 8118 Clairemont Mesa Blvd, San Diego, CA 92111

Phone number is: 858-278-7100

Just called the dealer and the flywheel is $519 and the pressure plate is $174. If they don't find a reason to replace them under warranty, then I might just pay for it myself and pray that everything is as smooth as all of the other's here who have thankfully never experienced these problems!

In fact the part's guy thought it was strange that they wouldn't replace the pressure plate as they sell them as a kit. So maybe it will be included. I'm just happy to be making some progress!

After 2 1/2 months of communication and a personal meeting with the District Service Operations Manager, SOA has agreed to replace my clutch under warranty. I have the stink and slippage issues.

Why all the trouble getting this fixed? If you have an issue, it should be fixed now, not 2 1/2 months later. Did they have some reason to put you off like that??

Hello,

Got this from Subietonic's repair but I don't see the pressure plate included in his repair unless I'm reading it wrong.

1 / 30210AA550 / COVER CP CLUTCH (Believe the TOB is included in this item)

The cover is the pressure plate.

Joel

Why all the trouble getting this fixed? If you have an issue, it should be fixed now, not 2 1/2 months later. Did they have some reason to put you off like that??

The dealer was not able to replicate the problem - they drove it around the block on a cold morning and blamed it on drivers error. I can't say as I blame them as at that time I was only having problems with the stink in stop and go traffic. And the slippage issue was something they were not going to be able to replicate as my clutch was not slipping all the time but only once to the point of bouncing off the rev limiter.

So I worked through SOA and made sure that the district rep went with me and I drove the car so as to replicate the problem. I have heard that the same dealer now has people drive their own car with the smell problem but I didn't get that opportunity.

Archived