LegacyGT.com

2007 Outback: 2.5i vs. Limited

Hi, all!

I went to look at an Outback 2.5i Limited today and what the seller is asking for is right in the black book pricing range. It drove really well and had all the maintenance paperwork with it. It was great!

I came home and when I went to search the VIN, Carfax reports the vehicle as:

2007 SUBARU LEGACY OUTBACK 2.5I AWD

Ok... no mention of 'Limited,' so I looked around for other Limited ads and found another VIN. Carfax brings up:

2007 SUBARU LEGACY OTBK 2.5I LTD AWD

:eek:

Ok, so now I'm starting to get a bit uneasy, because the black book value for the 2.5i-proper is ~$3k less than the Limited trim lever.

Question is, what were the specific differences between the two models? I didn't see a Limited badge on the car, and I can't see any in Google searches.

Has the alloy wheels, black leather seats, big sunroof, heated mirrors + seats. The seller says that when he bought the car the radio stopped working and the dealer replaced it with a different one--an MP3 capable Subaru radio.

HVAC controls are single-channel, which is probably the giveaway. :confused:

Have I got my head screwed on right, here? :spin:

P.

This one doesn't have a leather steering wheel, which further hints at it being a basic model which has had options piled on top of it. I bought it and I'm happy with it so far.

So far I fixed the rear intermittent wiper home-position issue and I want to swap the steering wheel for one with leather + radio controls on it just to seal-up the Limited illusion.

Archived