LegacyGT.com

Is the Legacy GT too long?

I did some reserch so here i pose the question... Is the LGT really long or am I losing it? It has the largest wheel base for the most part... But its overall length is 186 for the sedan. Thats longer than the S60R in sedan or wagon form... Anyone feel the car is too long??

Jeff

2005 LGT wagon length is good for utility...rear seat backs fold flat and my band gear fits in back. On our 2000 LGT wagon we have to remove the rear seat headrests and a few other steps to get a flat load floor. We looked at the Volvo V50 wagon but it was just too small for the gear carry. Now the Magnum....THAT was too big for the wife to pilot.

JC, Chicagoland bassist & opentracker

2005 LGT 5MT Ltd wagon

2005 LGT 5MT Ltd sedan

I did some reserch so here i pose the question... Is the LGT really long or am I losing it? It has the largest wheel base for the most part... But its overall length is 186 for the sedan. Thats longer than the S60R in sedan or wagon form... Anyone feel the car is too long??

Jeff

the legacy....too long? are you kidding me?

:confused:

To me it looks larger than other cars in the class, but in reality it's about the same size.

Legacy GT Limited

Wheel Base 105.1 inches

Overall Length 186.2 inches

Width 68.1 inches

Height 56.1 inches

Curb Weight 3365 lbs.

Acura TSX

Wheel Base 105.1 inches

Overall Length 183.3 inches

Width 69.4 inches

Height 57.3 inches

Curb Weight 3329 lbs.

Audi A4 3.0 Quattro

Wheel Base 104.3 inches

Overall Length 179.0 inches

Width 76.3 inches

Height 56.2 inches

Curb Weight 3583 lbs.

BMW 330i

Wheel Base 107.3 inches

Overall Length 176.0 inches

Width 68.5 inches

Height 55.7 inches

Curb Weight 3285 lbs.

Lexus IS300

Wheel Base 105.1 inches

Overall Length 176.6 inches

Width 67.9 inches

Height 55.5 inches

Curb Weight 3255 lbs.

Infiniti G35x

Wheel Base 112.2 inches

Overall Length 186.9 inches

Width 69.0 inches

Height 57.7 inches

Curb Weight 3650 lbs.

I had a 1993 Acura Legend Sedan (pretty long) and I parked my GT next to it. It's not as long as the Legend by a good 12" I think.

As for the wheelbase, the GT has pretty much the same wheel base and track as an E36 M3 Coupe (when I was doing corner balancing, I didnt have to move the scales at all).. so no complaints from me ;)

Keefe

Keefe

but nothing wrong with longer legs or bigger rack on a girl.. so for a car, nothing wrong with wider tires or more power... if the GT is too long for you to park the car in a parallel spot, then yes, it's too long for you, but not to everyone.

Keefe

Keefe

Im just coming from a plethra (million dollar word of the night) of short cars. My truck is 176.8, my old cobra was 181.5 (which felt big to me but was partially due to the miserable stock suspension that I never got around to modding, my GSX was 172.4.... So I dunno maybe Im over reacting while looking at new cars :) Just the S60R felt huge to me and in measurements its actually smaller than the Legacy - which really didnt feel as big and heavy as the S60R....

Hmmm!

Jeff

Pfff...I got you all beat. I had a 94 Impala SS then a 96...214.1 inches overall in length, and 79.6 inches overall in width. The thing BARELY fit in my garage. There was less than an inch on either side of the mirrors. It was funny because I had a 94, sold it and bought a 01 Impreza Rs coupe, and then sold that and bought a 96 Impala SS with over 400hp, then sold that and bought the Legacy. With the SS you had to pay attention ALL the time. With the wide tires, and being very wide, there wasn't much room between lanes when it walked.

Hah sounds like my dads old winter truck when I was a kid - 77 Cherokee Chief (big body if you remember) Truck was lifted and had HUGE tires on it and side pipes :) Was a really fun toy on snowy days when he couldnt take his ferrari out :) Back when he could still afford a ferrari.... heh

Jeff

That list is a 2.0 liter as well! Wow, 20% (2.0/2.5) smaller and 11% (250/280HP) more powerful than ours. What's up with that!? I'd really like that rear wiper too.

-JGR

Holy crap... Why is our less powerful, more weight and longer? Yes I can answer all these except for the weight question.... That sucks!!!

Jeff

Holy crap... Why is our less powerful, more weight and longer? Yes I can answer all these except for the weight question.... That sucks!!!

Jeff

More powerful, better options (like NAV and McIntosh) and available 1-2 years earlier.

*hmmmmm*

I have often wondered why consumers in the U.S. are not offered the amenities that the rest of the world enjoys. We get the UK 2003 model Legacy as a 2005 model here?

And missing a ton of available options?

What's up with that?

Archived