LegacyGT.com

TWIN FOOT LAMP FRONT& REAR (LED) + Harness

Philski

Does anyone know if we can install these in our US Legacy's?

http://www.japanparts.com/images/ImageFromDB.php?base=1&no=1795

Are the connectors already factor installed or do they need to be fabricated?

I really miss having footwell lights. The puddle ones are nice but......

From Japanparts.com Item No.: 107-115-115

TIA

• 1 year later...
i'm running the red LEDs for the 08-09 imprezas.. but i had to tap power since we don't have a connection for them. i'm mounting them with double-sided 3M tape too since the mounting points are different than the imprezas

cool! There are two red power wires running from the harness... I'm assuming one of them is for the illumination, right?

Also, they are on all the time, or just when the door is open?

Sorry, I'm able to get all of the info I need from the japanese subaru instructions! There are plenty of diagrams and pictures to work with, but I'm not sure about the wiring... Not sure if I need to find a wire to tap that is switched on only when the door is open?

• 2 years later...
i'm running the red LEDs for the 08-09 imprezas.. but i had to tap power since we don't have a connection for them. i'm mounting them with double-sided 3M tape too since the mounting points are different than the imprezas

How do you run on red LEDs, there is only blue ones anvalible. Or did you replace the blue ones with red?

The thing is,

I want to install the LED strips so if I open the passanger sida door the passenger light will turn on, when I close the door, the lights go out. Likewise with the drivers side.

Anyone know if there is fuse that is hot only when the door lamp is on? Or do I have to snatch electricity from the lamps cables?

Why can't you connect them to 12v and then for the ground connect each light to the door pin that triggers the dome light when you open each door. I believe most door pins are a just a ground connection. That way each individual light will be grounded only when that door is opened and it will lose the ground when you close the door.

just my thoughts.....

I'd def be interested in hearing a way of wiring them with the dome light, so all floor lights come on with the dome regardless of which door is opened. Also that they come on when the interior lights r switched on manually.

Archived